New 3A Region 4...

GreenbrierCat2

Guest catfish-hunter

This region is BRUTAL!!! Pearl-Cohn is usually a very athletic team with great size. Greenbrier is still going to be a solid team next year. White House is always a contender whoever they are playing. Macon County just went to the semifinals last year and from what I hear will be loaded next year. Station Camp went to the playoffs this year and have beaten CreekWood in both of their meetings. Sycamore will be a solid team next year despite losing a great senior class. I really don't know all that much about DeKalb County, but I saw that they won like three or four games this year so they could be an improvement over a team like Giles County. It really ain't too far fetched to see teams like Sycamore and Greenbrier watching the playoffs next year.

David Lipsomb, Marshall County, Page, and Cheatham County would be my choices to represent region five in the playoffs next year. CreekWood is still up and coming and will be good next year. Montgomery Central was in the playoffs this year and could return in '05. Spring Hill has to be thrilled to be back in 3A after taking some beatings in 4A. Giles County has the athletes and with the right guy to lead them in the right direction they could be a contender as well. Region five will be a tough region, but region four is downright BRUTAL!!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

This region is BRUTAL!!! Pearl-Cohn is usually a very athletic team with great size. Greenbrier is still going to be a solid team next year. White House is always a contender whoever they are playing. Macon County just went to the semifinals last year and from what I hear will be loaded next year. Station Camp went to the playoffs this year and have beaten CreekWood in both of their meetings. Sycamore will be a solid team next year despite losing a great senior class. I really don't know all that much about DeKalb County, but I saw that they won like three or four games this year so they could be an improvement over a team like Giles County. It really ain't too far fetched to see teams like Sycamore and Greenbrier watching the playoffs next year.

David Lipsomb, Marshall County, Page, and Cheatham County would be my choices to represent region five in the playoffs next year. CreekWood is still up and coming and will be good next year. Montgomery Central was in the playoffs this year and could return in '05. Spring Hill has to be thrilled to be back in 3A after taking some beatings in 4A. Giles County has the athletes and with the right guy to lead them in the right direction they could be a contender as well. Region five will be a tough region, but region four is downright BRUTAL!!!

C'mon catfish, be realistic.

Region 4 will be tough.....but it sure isn't BRUTAL. I would rank regions 2, 5, and 7 all ahead of Region 4. Then, I would go with 6, 3, 1, and 8.

But, of course, that is based on what everyone has done this year. As the years go by and players/coaches go in and out of programs, the "toughest region" tags move around. But, that is how I'd rate them right now.

Look south to Marshall County.  Marshall Co. does not have to play Pearl Cohn with this region set up.  (good Lobbying by Mac.)

825434982[/snapback]

If he lobbied for David Lipscomb instead of playing Pearl Cohn.....Never mind...DL has a very good team every year. You never know about Pearl Cohn one year they are up and another they are down. They do always have several good players on their team though. Some years the even have ineligable players. The problem with Pearl Cohn is they don't have a traveling fan base.

If I could chose between region 4 or 5 I would rather play in region 4. Reg 4 will go east instead of heading out west like reg 5 who will meet with reg 6, 7, and 8.

2AGURU I know that DL will do just fine in reg 5 but I believe it will be different playing against other 3a schools every week.

Edited by uawake2

In the othre region, its Pearl Cohn, White House, Greenbriar, and then Sycamore.  Which equals good teams, but not as many athletes.  I've also heard that  Greenbriar and White House are losing alot of seniors this year???

I do like the shake up though!

825435055[/snapback]

White House will have almost as many athletes on its team as any of the two best teams in reg 5 next year. They may lose some seniors but they usually just reload and come out firing the next year. I can't figure out how Greenbrier is still playing now without any athletes on their team.

Of course the coaches in region 5 will have to figure out where to play their athletes because they have so many.

Why did you leave Cheatham Co. off of your list. That is your team isn't it?????

2AGURU I know that DL will do just fine in reg 5 but I believe it will be different playing against other 3a schools every week.

I agree with you on that. It will be a different ballgame, but, truly, most Lipscomb supporters I have talked to are looking forward to it. They are looking to be challenged on a more frequent basis. I would expect no less than a top 2 finish in that region for DL next year.

I am for DL playing in the same league as all privates. This disgusts me!

How can anyone rationalize DL and Pearl not playing each other?

Not having Sycamore and Cheatham in the same region is really stupid.

You see that already the DL fans have this region knocked down to where they are one of the top 2.

825435242[/snapback]

Bulldog69, I apologize if I offended you for thinking that DL will be one of the top 2 teams in the Region. I am by no means guaranteeing that because it will be a battle each week. I just have a great deal of confidence in our coaching staff that they will have this team ready to play these teams. No, DL should not be playing with the privates. They have won two state championships in 2A football so you mighty 3A teams shouldnt even be worried about them. We are scared to play teams "North of Madison" anyways.

Bulldog69, I apologize if I offended you for thinking that DL will be one of the top 2 teams in the Region.  I am by no means guaranteeing that because it will be a battle each week.  I just have a great deal of confidence in our coaching staff that they will have this team ready to play these teams.  No, DL should not be playing with the privates.  They have won two state championships in 2A football so you mighty 3A teams shouldnt even be worried about them. We are scared to play teams "North of Madison" anyways.

825435311[/snapback]

First lesson: Bulldog is from Page which is NOT north of Madison. Come to think of it, you guys don't play any north teams on your new schedule. A little northwest in Ashland City but no more Goodpasture, East Robertson or Greenbrier. Whew. I'll bet you ARE happy with the new region. :P

greenbrier needs to focus on this year and not worry about next year.

with 25 or so seniors the time is now.

you can't take an earnest williams off of crockett county and not be down some, and you can't take a roger herndon off of greenbrier and have the same team.

focus on this year, its the best chance you are gonna have. make the most of it. good luck.