Private Shools

tricklician

I will agree my comments are one-sided on that point.  However, there are some public schools that would fall under that category while all private schools would.  I also agree that all public schools should have to follow the same rules.  My entire argument is that under whatever rules are selected, all schools should play under the same rules.

825435527[/snapback]

stangfan.....Take a few moments and reflect on what you said. That can never happen. There are too many different types of public schools. Where do you put Madison Academic for instance. They don`t have a zone unless you consider Madison County a zone. Madison County has over 90,000 people. Compare that to a school like Scotts Hill. Now is that fair?

For goodness sakes we have practically doubled the size of private schools. How fair is that? It`s now time to dissolve Div.II and bring everyone back together.

Edited by VolunteerGeneral

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say these next 3 years will determine whether or not their is a total split or not. If the "multiplied Privates" have a lot of success in 2A and 3A and win lots of championships, I then think the publics will gather enough votes on the Board of control (they only need 1 more ) to push through their "Nuclear Scenario" and the split would happen.

Then the privates would begin their debate as to how to structure.

Also, if the "multiplied Privates" have little or no success in 2A or 3A then they might opt to leave voluntarily.

The next three years will tell the tale!!

I agree totally. Schools should compete under the same rules. Public schools are not allowed to play students that are outside of their school zone, privates should not be allowed to either.
Ok, their something you dont realize, if privates had "zones" the zones would be so huge for some schools and so small for others. Their is not a whole lot of private schools compared to public. Public schools can be zoned because their is so many of them over shorter distances, privates schools are scattered all around the place and are usually near bigger cities. What about the areas up near Dyersburg and everything that dont have alot of private schools, their zones could spread over counties(assuming the schools that play football). Plus no one make a person go to a private school, some D-II schools give aid to students and some do not. Anyways if you look at it, most students that go to a single private school are from around that general area. Now some students may not, but anyways. Publics have to be zoned anyways(state laws), Privates dont because their not owned by the state, so they dont have to be. Well before the mid 1980's a whole lot of private schools formed their own makeshift league and played each other then.

What I thought was the best 1A public this year (Mt Pleasant) got beaten 42-7, true DCA might just win the state but what's that say for the playing field of publics and privates when the best public can't offer any better competition than that?

825442496[/snapback]

I don't see any 1A schools giving DCA a game this year. They were just flat out better than MP in all aspects of the game.

What I thought was the best 1A public this year (Mt Pleasant) got beaten 42-7, true DCA might just win the state but what's that say for the playing field of publics and privates when the best public can't offer any better competition than that?

825442496[/snapback]

It tells me that some folks will complain about anything. ;)

In 97....public beat private 46-0. (Was this the best privates could do?)

In 98....public beat private 63-18. (Was this the best privates could do?)

In 99....public beat private 42-13 (No wait....that was 2 publics that played. There was no private school that made the finals)

It tells me that some folks will complain about anything. ;)

In 97....public beat private 46-0. (Was this the best privates could do?)

In 98....public beat private 63-18. (Was this the best privates could do?)

In 99....public beat private 42-13 (No wait....that was 2 publics that played. There was no private school that made the finals)

825442786[/snapback]

The problem is it is 97, 98, or 99. :(

The problem is it is 97, 98, or 99.  ;)

825442846[/snapback]

That raises the question, has the standard been raised in the last 4 years to win 1A state? I am not sure that it has, those Trousdale and South Pitt teams could have hung with any one of the last few years winners (CPA, Ezell, Boyd and probably DCA this year).

I saw all of those Public Schools play in the late 90's, and to be honest, I have not seen a 1A Public School play at quite that level since. The closest would probably be the 2001 Collinwood Trojans.

As a current Region 5 fan, I remember very vividly the days of being in Region 4 and having to meet TC at some point for our annual trip to the woodshed (2000 was the one exception). After our 99 loss in the quarterfinals, all of our kids and coaches realized that to have any hope in the future, the commitment level was going to have to go up a few notches. I think that happened to several of the ABC Privates, but credit has to be given where the credit is due. It was South Pitt and TC who set the standard that we had to aspire to.

The problem is it is 97, 98, or 99.  :unsure:

825442846[/snapback]

99 was only 5 years ago. This board was started in between the 2001 and 2002 season. The complaining was going on before that because that led to the start of this board. Ahh that was when people were complaining about Ezell Harding and how they beat Cloudland. Funny how only 3 years later and Ezell Harding manages to only win 3 game and fails to even make the playoffs.

My question is where was all the complaining in 89,90, 91,92,93,94,97,98,and 99?

99 was only 5 years ago. This board was started in between the 2001 and 2002 season. The complaining was going on before that because that led to the start of this board. Ahh that was when people were complaining about Ezell Harding and how they beat Cloudland. Funny how only 3 years later and Ezell Harding manages to only win 3 game and fails to even make the playoffs.

My question is where was all the complaining in 89,90, 91,92,93,94,97,98,and 99?

825443017[/snapback]

The small privates have totally dominated 1a since '99. I am not talking about just winning. MP had a miracle finish to beat CPA this year. I would venture to guess CPA would beat MP 9 out of 10 times. DCA absolutely mashed them last night. Boyd will mash Coalfield too. Obviously something is amiss. It is not that the privates have better coaches and work harder either.

16-3 in the playoffs this year. Two of the wins were by Mt Pleasant, one was a 6 point win by 9-1 Wayne County. A lot of those 16 wins were not competitive contests, 2 of the 3 public wins were close. It's a shame Mt Pleasant is the best 1A school of its type this year and has to go out like that. And I don't think South Pittsburg's 99 team would have beaten Boyd-Buchanan this year. A lot of speed, but had some lapses on defense at times, mostly just "out-athleted" everyone and they wouldn't be able to just automatically do it this year.