Awesome stunts to do at games

SaNtAfEgIrL

Our crowd is really getting into the stunts that we are doing this year!! The crowd really likes our tick tock and our cradel spins :o !!! and i have seen how other squads heel stretches, bow and arrows, and lib fulldowns get their crowds excited too!!! what works for you guys??

Edited by SaNtAfEgIrL

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heelstretch-twist downs,scorpions and baskets are great. Spice up your baskets too , don't just always toe-touch. Transition stunts are always crowd appealing as well. Try what our squad calls a "switch lib" you pop up a right lib and hold it for 2 seconds in the air and then squish down lik a re-take and pop up the left lib at the top.We also do a double lib- It is where you have three primary bases and two toppers and two backspots. your middle base has both hands out and the toppers put in their inner foot. both outside bases take the main base lib hold and you put up two libs at the same time with just three bases instead of four. you can't craddle or it is illegal. Those are just some tips we came up with! They are fun to try!! I hope you like them too! thanks!-Lawrence County High Varsity Cheerleaders-

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on Varsity at Lawrence County.The best way we have found to do baskets is your two primary bases both grab their right wrist and then they lock together. making a square. Once they have grabbed wrists and then locked together you must lock out your arms and bend at the waist. (the throwing tosses you must not use your upper body's muscles to throw, use your legs!)If not, you will definitely pull something. You need a front spot that with her palms facing upward and her hands overlapped, pushes upward with her hands on the bottom of the locked wrists. The backspot loads the topper in. As SOON as she is set, she pushes SHRAIGHT up on her butt. (all one motion..very fast) The top girl must jump in on her toes. If her whole foot is on their hands she will more than likely jump out of the toss. The flyer needs to let the bases throw her, not try to help them.She first needs to jump in with all her weight in her arms and push as hard as she can off the bases shoulders) She MUST ride the toss straight up very tight and hit her toe touch or whatever at the top, when she thinks she can't go any higher.After hitting your toe touch she needs to squeeze back together ( called a whip) and then land soft and tight so the bases don't collapse.

Guest The_Siegel_Senior
There are a lot of nasty minded kids out there, more than you'd expect.

825497764[/snapback]

Oh i am very well aware of this...hey do you play for bhs now or in the past?

Guest The_Siegel_Senior
I played there in the past.  My senior year (2002) was the last year they made the playoffs (quarterfinal, almost beat Riverdale).

825500020[/snapback]

oh ok...i thought i might know you but i dont...