Greenbrier-14 Jackson SS-7

COACHHARD

I attended the game with my brother and the older of his two sons. We saw a hard-hitting, exciting playoff game. But, I want to say one quick thing about the game (and, apologies to JSS fans beforehand) -- The game wasn't as close as the score indicated. Greenbrier missed two relatively chip-shot field goals and then was stopped on the goal line. The score could have easily been 27-7 b/c JSS really didn't threaten to score other than their one TD. Greenbrier is a wel-coached team that plays a solid ball-control offense and has a strong defense. Teams like that are hard to beat.

Congrats to both teams. The quarterfinals is farther than a lot of teams made it, and the semis bring Greenbrier one step closer to The 'Boro.

This week, we'll travel East to Maryville to catch the Maryville-Tennessee game on Friday night and then the UT-UK game on Sat. ..... Semifinal night should be a blast all across the state.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I attended the game with my brother and the older of his two sons. We saw a hard-hitting, exciting playoff game. But, I want to say one quick thing about the game (and, apologies to JSS fans beforehand) -- The game wasn't as close as the score indicated. Greenbrier missed two relatively chip-shot field goals and then was stopped on the goal line. The score could have easily been 27-7 b/c JSS really didn't threaten to score other than their one TD. Greenbrier is a wel-coached team that plays a solid ball-control offense and has a strong defense. Teams like that are hard to beat.

Congrats to both teams. The quarterfinals is farther than a lot of teams made it, and the semis bring Greenbrier one step closer to The 'Boro.

This week, we'll travel East to Maryville to catch the Maryville-Tennessee game on Friday night and then the UT-UK game on Sat. ..... Semifinal night should be a blast all across the state.

825443105[/snapback]

Another great example of the class of the folks from JSS. I was very impressed with their team's discipline during the game and class after the game. And, reading the article in the paper shows where they get it from.....their head coach. JSS, keep that up and you guys have a great future. Good luck next year!

Our Bobcats did it again, what a game, on a very soft muddy field. JSS stayed in this one with some hard fought, great defense. In the second half the Bobcats just did not let JSS offense on the field, they got to run 6 plays in the whole 2nd half, that was some kind of clock control, unbelievable. GHS 14 JSS 7

Way to go Bobcats, another great game, you make us all proud.

Hope Clint Russell can be ready for next Friday.

Way to go Region 5 and two more to go...one at a time.......I gotta go with the Bobcats in this one again. I don't think they will see as tough a defense this week. If Greenbrier puts points on the board and I know they will...their defense is going to shut down Kingsbury....and a Bobcat trip to the finals is on the way.

Guest catfish-hunter

Congrats to the Bobcats from a Sycamore fan!!! I saw in today's paper where it said that Greenbrier ran a total of 41 plays in the second half to Southside's 6 plays. That sounds like a perfect example of playing stingy defense and ball controlled offense. Congrats to Jackson Southside on a great run after overcoming a slow start to this season. Jerry Hayes is a great coach and Southside should once again be in the thick of things in '05. Good luck to Greenbrier in the semifinals next Friday night!!!