Greenbrier-14 Jackson SS-7

COACHHARD

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job guys. You again made us proud. We didn't play our best but we did what we had to do to win. What a hard fought victory. Hats off to SS defense. They're tough. Great adjustments at the half. Do you realize SS had only 6 offensive plays and 2 punts in the entire second half? Great ball control. Too many players played too many big parts to even try to mention. Enjoy it, heal up, and keep the business like attitude going next week.

One game at a time!

Just got back from a LONG ride to Jackson South Side. Printed out the directions here and got turned around on the bypass, but only missed the first ten minutes of the game. BUT, to no avail---no parking left, and no visitor seats at all. Greenbrier fans I am proud of you all---we sure do follow our team! There Greenbrier fans standing around the fences (muck and mud) and man, Greenbrier got LOUD!!! (Thanks WH---we've picked up some noisemaker tips! ;) )

Gotta say that JSS played a great game. They were tough and had some great players. Felt like a couple of the calls stunk, but that's part of the game, I guess.

A couple of JSS fans stopped me after the game and asked about our record, and said they could hoped to see some of our Seniors in college games in a year or two. They had very classy fans that congratulated us, and wished us luck. I thought that was pretty cool since their guys had made it to the 3rd round and laid it all on the line. It was a nail-biter, but the Bobcats came out on top!

Congratulations to the Bobcat team. You guys dominated in the second half and brought home the win. Get a good night's rest and let's go get Kingsbury!

P. S. High 5's Jacob! HEAL QUICK, Roger, Clint, and Kyle. We need all of you out there!

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

Aldridge (Greenbrier QB, #10) played a courageous, tremendous game as did #12, just how G'Brier has made it this far, a total team effort. You could definitely see how they "laid it all on the field" after the game. Both teams, I thought, showed complete sportsmanship throughout the game; glad GB got it done...Heal up Greenbrier!

Edited by TTUEagles

Aldridge (Greenbrier QB, #10) played a courageous, tremendous game as did #12, just how G'Brier has made it this far, a total team effort.  You could definitely see how they "laid it all on the field" after the game.  Both teams, I thought, showed complete sportsmanship throughout the game; glad GB got it done...Heal up Greenbrier!

825442782[/snapback]

I agree. Jacob has improved 100% over the season. As I've heard it said, he's beginning to take each game and make things happen. He looked awesome tonight.

Bulldog69...no bball practice. We let them off to attend the game. I came down with some sickness, so I was unable to attend. Only the 3rd game in the last 4 years I have missed. I got calls from several fans every 15 minutes giving me updates. It was killing me not to be there. Make no mistake about it......I will be in Memphis next Friday. Thank you for your continued support of our team. They are a special group of young men.

Some of these stats tell the story.....The Bobcats ran 41 plays to Jackson SS's 6. We outgained them 193-9. "Defense win championships".

I don't know anything about Kingsbury other than they are 12-1, with their only loss coming to Germantown (who is still in the playoffs). It sounds like we will have our hands full come Friday. I hope our injuries are not too severe.

For all you Greenbrier fans: I hope all of you will come out to the annual chilli supper and alumni game tonight. The supper starts at 6:00 PM and the game will start at 7:00. All procedes from this will benefit the Donna Lohman Memorial Scholarship Foundation.

Once again, congratulations to our players and coaches. Lets take it one step further this year. Better yet...lets take it two steps further.

FYI for the Greenbrier defense......

Just finished watching my video and I have a straight shot view of the QB (#14) with his knee down in the end zone before he slips loose and gets back out to the 3. Although we probably shouldn't have let him loose, it was a safety. GREAT JOB!

It also looks like Troy was in the end zone on the 4th down play. He's laying well over the goal line. But again.... it doesn't matter now.

Great job Troy!

Edited by NoDoubt

Sounds like your QB has developed over the year. Nothing like a good, ball control offensive effort to keep the other team in check.

Is this special, or what? Two teams, couple miles apart, still playing. Our region next year, if (and a big if) could have two state championship teams in it.

But enough dreaming. One game at a time. One play at a time. thumb

Good game GB! The 2nd half you just took over. Hate to say it but the score doesn't really show how much you dominated the 2nd half. 193 yards to 6 WOW! #10 really looked good on both sides of the ball. #16 a few smart ball runner. Good luck in the semi finals.

825442977[/snapback]

Thanks SS. You guys are a class group. Was very impressed with the player attitudes. There were even a few players that came over to the Greenbrier get-together after the game and congradulated our players. That speaks well of your program.

Edited by NoDoubt