best sophmore player to watch for

cordygriff#90gchs

Kevin Smith is a spectacular sophmore that transfered in from Louisianna this year at Riverdale. He has made his way into the starting lineup and has been impressive during Riverdales two HOF games. He had a moster dunk against Wilson Central that brought the crowd to its feet. I would put him in the top 10 highest leapers in TN high school hoops, he can jump out of the gym. Also Scott Thomas from Riverdale is a great talent. Riverdale has a great 07 class.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle Groothuis a sophmore at CCS is going to be outstanding. Look for him to be great this year and definately in the years to come. He's already 6'6" and is just shy of his 6'9" senior brother Mitch.

Also Terrel Maffet is a very skilled sophmore on this team. He might not get a lot of minutes but will be key to stand strong when starters need the rest.

RODNEY DAVIS FROM WESTVIEW HE IS THE REAL DEAL IN THE CLASS OF 2007.I WATCHED HIM PLAY AGAIST LIBERTY TECH AT LEXINGTON AND BOLIVER THIS SUMMER AND HE IS SENSATIONAL. HE JUST HAS TO GET THE LOOSE TAKEN OFF HIS NECK.FROM WATCHING A FEW OF WESTVIEW GAMES THIS SUMMER I DONT KNOW IF THE KID FITS IN WESTVIEWS SYSTEM. HE WILL BE THE KEY TO WESTVIEW SEASON ALONG WITH MARLON BRIGHT IF THE ARE TO MAKE ANY NOISE THIS SEASON AFTER LOSING JASON BLACK. I DONT KNOW WHAT HIS STATS ARE BUT IM SURE HE AVERAGED IN DOUBLE DIGIT SCORING AS A FRESHMAN AND FROM WHAT I HEAR WAS JUST TOTALLY DOMINATING IN MIDDLE SCHOOL AT UNION CITY WHERE MAYBE HE SHOULD HAVE STAYED. BECAUSE HE IS THE TRUTH, THE REAL DEAL. MAURICE MILLER, RANDY CULPEPPER AND POSSIBLY JEWAN LONG ARE THE ONLY KIDS ON THIS LEVEL OF PLAY IN THE CLASS OF 2007.ASK THE PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW THE GAME.

REALNWTNSPORTS, you're right about Rodney Davis, he is the truth! This kid can definitely play some ball. Since he is a part of the '07 crew like me, I'll get to experience this until I graduate. All of us at Westview are glad that he left our rival school in Union City, and came to the View! Keep your eye on him and the whole Westview crew this year because we will be doin big things!

RODNEY DAVIS FROM WESTVIEW HE IS THE REAL DEAL IN THE CLASS OF 2007.I WATCHED HIM PLAY AGAIST LIBERTY TECH AT LEXINGTON AND BOLIVER THIS SUMMER AND HE IS SENSATIONAL. HE JUST HAS TO GET THE LOOSE TAKEN OFF HIS NECK.FROM WATCHING A FEW OF WESTVIEW GAMES THIS SUMMER  I DONT KNOW IF THE KID FITS IN WESTVIEWS SYSTEM. HE WILL BE  THE KEY TO WESTVIEW SEASON ALONG WITH MARLON BRIGHT IF THE ARE TO MAKE ANY NOISE THIS SEASON AFTER LOSING JASON BLACK. I DONT KNOW WHAT HIS STATS ARE BUT IM SURE HE AVERAGED IN DOUBLE DIGIT SCORING AS A FRESHMAN AND FROM WHAT I HEAR WAS JUST TOTALLY DOMINATING IN MIDDLE SCHOOL AT UNION CITY WHERE MAYBE HE SHOULD HAVE STAYED. BECAUSE HE IS THE TRUTH, THE REAL DEAL. MAURICE MILLER, RANDY CULPEPPER AND POSSIBLY JEWAN LONG ARE THE ONLY KIDS ON THIS LEVEL OF PLAY IN THE CLASS OF 2007.ASK THE PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW THE GAME.

825444970[/snapback]

I'm sorry for leaving Rodney out he is a really good ball player as well. The only thing he lacks is height and he does just fine without that.

Best sophomore?!

Maurice Miller, Raleigh Egypt. Ranked in top twenty sophomores in the nation. Led Memphis Magic to 15-and-under National Championship this summer. Averaged 19 pts. and 11 assists in the national tournament! Starting PG for Raleigh Egypt. 6'2"/185lbs. Over the rim player with Great floor presence. The rest may be good, but they're playing for second place at this point.

Edited by Jumpshot