Oak Ridge @ Riverdale-Round 4

ORhoneydoll

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Riverdale, I look forward to the game.  Who knows the outcome..it is not US!

We will be there watching the best team that night go on to the state.  We will arrive late but will BE there.  We got 1000 tickets today for sale locally.  I have mine.  That doesn't mean a seat and might mean standing..it does mean OR fans will turn out. 

I want it clean for both teams so both you and us can see the best of both teams and the winner will go on and win the title.

Blessings and Peace.      Dart.

825449699[/snapback]

Dang it, Dart - I like you. You are right, having a ticket certainly does not mean you'll get a seat. It's supposed to be kinda cold, so being in the stands all packed in may have its advantages this week. Get there early if you can. One word of advice, if you are going to the concession stand, get there way before the half. No way will you want to stand in the lines we typically have. We need a whole 'nother stand.

I think the winner of this game wins the title next week. I think it will be Riverdale, but no one knows until Friday night.

I have never posted on here and am not sure if this is right, but here it is, I am a Cookeville fan & these are my observations on last week's game and Riverdale. They are extremely athletic and extremely fast. Be careful how you kick to them, not down the middle of the field, but to the sidelines or out of bounds. They dont cover the pass great, if you have tall receivers, it can be effective, but you have to be able to get the ball off, short drops and get the ball off, if you roll out, make a decision quick, the pursuit will get you. The front rushes hard and are fast. They are great against the run, so if I have the ability at quarterback, I believe you should set up the run with the pass. Defensively you have to try to disrupt the blocking schemes with shifts to elimate the cutback lanes. They are so well schooled and execute so well, you may have to gamble with schemes and hope you don't get burned, but I would rather lose attacking than get beat waiting against a team with so much talent. I have not seen Oak Ridge play, but I understand they have the ability to pass, could be key. Should be a great game, sorry I can't be there. Congrats to the Cavs on a great season, couldn't be prouder of a blue-collar bunch. Good luck to both Friday.