Greenbrier @ Kingsbury

FatCat

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a lot of common teams between these two, like Lexington, for example:

They beat Lexington 27-26, Jackson Southside beat Lexington 24-21, Marshall Co. beat Lexington 31-20.

Greenbrier beat Marshall Co. twice, the last time, in the playoffs 35-0, but they beat Lexington 31-20 and beat JSS beat 24-21.

So Greenbrier beat the top two teams in 6AAA and Kingsbury barely beat the #2 team outta 6AAA, (Lexington) and we beat the playoff team that beat that them, (Marshall Co) 35-0.

I don't think Kingsbury has seen a defense like Greenbrier puts on the field and will struggle against it's athletism and disipline. Did you know that JSS only had 6 offensive plays in the second half compared to Greenbriers 40+? It's hard to score when you don't have the ball. That game was more like 27-7 that the 14-7 score cuz of some poor offical spots and missed FGs.

As the great ones say, "Offense wins games, defense wins Championships".

We are not playing at Halle stadium. We are Playinig at the Fairgrounds and we will try to put directions on this site.

If you are interested in riding a fan bus stay posted to this site. I hope to know Monday morning how many busses we can get.

I will let you know tommorrow on this site when, where and what time we will have the bus signup at if we are able to do this.

Stay tuned tommorrow for more information about the busses.

GO BOBCATS STAY FOCUSED

Directions to the Memphis Fair Grounds

Merge onto I-40 W....177.4 miles

Merge onto SAM COOPER BLVD....4.0 miles

Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto BROAD AVE....1.5 miles

Turn LEFT onto E PKWY N/US-70 W/TN-57 S. Continue to follow E PKWY N....1.5 miles

Turn LEFT onto CENTRAL AVE....0.2 miles

Turn RIGHT onto EARLY MAXWELL BLVD....0.4 miles

End at 940 EARLY MAXWELL BLVD MEMPHIS TN

I saw Greenbrier vs Jax South Side Friday night.....Most lopsided 14-7 score I have seen in awhile......Should have been at least 27-7...2 missed FG'S and no score from the JSS 1 yard line...SouthSide had some good athletes,much better than Greenbrier's...Coaching and the Bobcats ability to play together as a team is what won that game...Don't leave those points on the field against Kingsbury...The game Kingsbury won vs Lexington was at Lexington..They also lost in the opening week of the season to defending 5A state champ Germantown at G-Town...They also won at Dyersburg (4A) handily...Dyersburg lost their 1st round playoff game at Melrose 13-7..Don't put too much stock in those games vs Marshall Co....Teams in your region you play and beat during the regular and playoffs are sometime intimidated by certain programs and don't play the same way against teams they have no history with....Kingsbury is big and athletic and talented...I have mentioned on other threads they are not the typical draw a play in the dirt and see what happens inner city Memphis team...They are well coached also..Something that cannot be said for alot of inner city Memphis teams....Experience in this game is going to be a factor...Greenbrier has been here and Kingsbury hasn't...I was impressed with the support the Bobcats fans showed their team....And for sure you guys will outnumber Kingsbury's fans...That might also be a factor....This will be a tough game and it will be close...At the start of the playoffs I predicted that Kingsbury would make it to the state championship..Although I haven't seen Kingsbury since their 1st round loss to Obion Co Central last year and I have seen Greenbrier last week and was impressed with the Bobcats, I am not going to change this late in the game...I say Kingsbury 16 Greenbrier 14