Whos the best coach in 6-AA

Wildcatballin24

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you trying to say that he doesn't know what is going on in the game of basketball? if that's the case, then why don't you people in jasper run him off?

825459767[/snapback]

This is a best coach thread, lets stick to that.

I would go with Jayson Smith at Seq. Co. they do compete and beat teams that are better than them year in and year out. Come to think about it so does Coach Boyton at Bledsoe.

Its turned into a valley competition because recently that's all thats been posting. I have a ton of respect for all the coaches in that district, but in my opinion coaches in the valley get more out of their players in terms of effort and energy. Thats not to say they work any harder than the city coaches, its just that it takes that great effort and energy from the valley teams to pull off the occasional upset of one of the city teams.(Bledsoe over E.R. last year) We all can be in agreement that wins against the Howards, Hixsons, Tyners, etc..., dont happen very often(not at all for most valley teams so far), but you can be assured it's not because the effort wasnt there that was demanded by the coaches. Sometimes you dont see much of a motivated effort by the city teams, because, simply put, its not usually required. But might it be that lack of energy in early games contributes to those teams not advancing further than the region tournament? Just a thought. Hopefully that can change, either way, good luck to all 6-AA teams and coaches.

it is good to see that this thread has turned into a valley coaches competition when we all know the best coach is coaching one of the city teams: csas, hixson, howard, or tyner.

825460071[/snapback]

Let's be objective....Taking nothing away from Hixson, CSAS coaches they are good, also I'll include Coach Goddard in this group(E.R.) but I have seen them have very good teams and lose to valley teams that does not have that level of talent. It happens every year. Let's also not forget all these schools with the exception of CSAS have roughly 300 plus more students than the valley teams. So to say the best coach comes from the city Ic an't go along with.

I think coach roberts would do a real fine job with his program if he had an assistant coach that had a clue how to play basketball. he started with roberts last year and none  of the players respected him and he is with him this year and he still doesnt have a clue. his assistant couldnt play ball in high school so what is he doin showin these kids.. not a thing

825455773[/snapback]

Its totally obvious u have no idea about what u are talking about........Yes Roberts is a good coach, very disciplined and from what i understand has taken this team to new levels but an assistant coach can only do what the head coach allows and if u are not there 24/7 then u have no idea what his actual job may be......i know the assistant coach very well and know that he is an outstanding guy with alot of love for the game and for the boys on the team......i have no doubt they respect him and trust him with their lives!!!!! Sometimes its just easy to try to say negative things about something u really know nothing about....i assure u that if he is with Roberts again then he is definately doing a good job, Roberts has high standards and the assistant coach definately meets them!!!!! As far playing ball, he has ball skills and since u know so much about him, i'm sure u know he plays in an adult league and does very well!!!! I think MCHS has alot of potential and talent and the Coach and Asst Coach they have are what has made it that way!!! So in the best interest of your MCHS Warriors u need to keep them!!! Behind every good coach is a good ASSISTANT and MCHS has ONE!!!!

Its totally obvious u have no idea about what u are talking about........Yes Roberts is a good coach, very disciplined and from what i understand has taken this team to new levels but an assistant coach can only do what the head coach allows and if u are not there 24/7 then u have no idea what his actual job may be......i know the assistant coach very well and know that he is an outstanding guy with alot of love for the game and for the boys on the team......i have no doubt they respect him and trust him with their lives!!!!!  Sometimes its just easy to try to say negative things about something u really know nothing about....i assure u that if he is with Roberts again then he is definately doing a good job, Roberts has high standards and the assistant coach definately meets them!!!!!  As far playing ball, he has ball skills and since u know so much about him, i'm sure u know he plays in an adult league and does very well!!!!  I think MCHS has alot of potential and talent and the Coach and Asst Coach they have are what has made it that way!!!  So in the best interest of your MCHS Warriors u need to keep them!!!  Behind every good coach is a good ASSISTANT and MCHS has ONE!!!!

825462230[/snapback]

Good coaches win ball games, good mentors make men out of boys, now the second one is most important but the thread is about good coaches in my opinion the two best coaches in 6-AA are Dragoo from CSAS(he has had maybe two losing seasons in his entire twenty plus year coaching career) and the coach from Sequatchie because his teams are always disciplined and they are always the only county team the even compete with the city schools in the district