Bradley Central

Guest clevelandbusinessman

I live in cleveland and I am wondering how they are going to conduct their search at Bradley Central. First of all, if they plan on taking applications, they need to post the position. It isn't posted on their website! Secondly, will anyone apply? If this happens, in what direction do they turn? Are they going to contact potential candidates in order to spark interest. I think this is going to be a job for a younger coach who is looking for a head position. I don't see any veteran coaches coming after this one. What do you guys think? Has any names circulated out there that Bradley has a legit chance of getting. For example, Coach Weathers, Dale Jones, and Coach Monroe will not even think about it. Who are the names out there?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am surprised John Mullinax name has not been mentioned as a candidate for the position. He is currently in Rome, GA @ Armurchee high school trying to rebuild a program that has won 2 games in 3 years. The stumbling block for him to come to Bradley would be $$$$$$$. Because he is making alot of it @ Armurchee, but his wife still works in Athens and they still own their home in Athens. Could the long time McMinn coach return to Tennessee to coach McMinn's most bitter rival Bradley?

I am surprised John Mullinax name has not been mentioned as a candidate for the position. He is currently in Rome, GA @ Armurchee high school trying to rebuild a program that has won 2 games in 3 years. The stumbling block for him to come to Bradley would be $$$$$$$. Because he is making alot of it @ Armurchee, but his wife still works in Athens and they still own their home in Athens. Could the long time McMinn coach return to Tennessee to coach McMinn's most bitter rival Bradley?

825446786[/snapback]

The answer to this question is a resounding NO! I was told by the bald man himself. He is having too much fun in GA to go to Bradley.

Why would Weathers leave a program that dominates Bradley? Dale Jones probably makes 60-70 thousand as defensive coordinator at at Appy. Mullinax is not the answer. He is happily rich, but besides that he never worked any great miracles at McMinn. His best ever was probably a third round loss. I hear from a LFO assistant that John Allen is a control freak and would completely butt heads in the polical Bradley school system. The name Bradley looked at first was the D coordinator at Boyd Buchanan. However, he was not a certified teacher. I spoke with Bradley assistant Damon Floyd yesterday and he says he has not a clue who it will be. The problem is not getting the kids because Walker Valley has "stolen them". Coach Floyd added that they had over 50 kids that played football and quit the last couple years. They need to get a coach that will make it exciting and fun to play regardless of the scoreboard so the kids will stay out. Any suggestions????

Mullinax is not the answer. He is happily rich, but besides that he never worked any great miracles at McMinn. His best ever was probably a third round loss.

825449444[/snapback]

Never worked miracles? I don't know what McMinn teams you watched but the ones I seen were all miracles. In 91 took a less than good team to Nashville Strattford (#2 in the state at the time) and upset them 7-6. Also took a team in 99 that was picked to finish 5th in its region and made them runner ups. The talent pool @ McMinn has never been good with the exception of Shazzon Bradley yet he always had good teams. If you guage good coaches by number of state championships then you eliminate nearly 80 % of the coaches in TN. He never had a losing season while @ McMinn and made the playoffs for 10 straight years. Do you a little search and tell me how many coaches can say that.

Never worked miracles?  I don't know what McMinn teams you watched but the ones I seen were all miracles.  In 91 took a less than good team to Nashville Strattford (#2 in the state at the time) and upset them 7-6.  Also took a team in 99 that was picked to finish 5th in its region and made them runner ups.  The talent pool @ McMinn has never been good with the exception of Shazzon Bradley yet he always had good teams.  If you guage good coaches by number of state championships then you eliminate nearly 80 % of the coaches in TN.    He never had a losing season while @ McMinn and made the playoffs for 10 straight years.  Do you a little search and tell me how many coaches can say that.

825453406[/snapback]

That's great and all, but Mullinax is still not what Bradley needs. McMinn Co. has always lost more games they should have won, rather than winning more games they were picked to lose. Mullinax is a great guy and legendary in Athens but not a great program savior. Do you know how his Armuchee team finished this year with poor talent? Did they win more than 1 game? That's not going to help the situation at Bradley with their region schedule. I don't know the answer, but Bradley has all the tools to be one of the great jobs and programs in the area. Their stadium, supporters, facilities, and fans are awesome. Just needs the right leader and team.

Why would Weathers leave a program that dominates Bradley? Dale Jones probably makes 60-70 thousand as defensive coordinator at at Appy. Mullinax is not the answer. He is happily rich, but besides that he never worked any great miracles at McMinn. His best ever was probably a third round loss. I hear from a LFO assistant that John Allen is a control freak and would completely butt heads in the polical Bradley school system. The name Bradley looked at first was the D coordinator at Boyd Buchanan. However, he was not a certified teacher. I spoke with Bradley assistant Damon Floyd yesterday and he says he has not a clue who it will be. The problem is not getting the kids because Walker Valley has "stolen them". Coach Floyd added that they had over 50 kids that played football and quit the last couple years. They need to get a coach that will make it exciting and fun to play regardless of the scoreboard so the kids will stay out. Any suggestions????

825449444[/snapback]

Why has Heath Davis not been mentioned. Even though he is a young guy, he has tons of coordinating experience at the college and HS level. And if I'm not mistaken he was on the offensive staff at MTSU who we all know has had high scoring offenses the last few years. Everyone I have ever talked to about him says he is a great one, I don't know, but I know this. Bradley better find a young gun who is willing to go through the growing pains rather than someone who is going to be there a year or two and leave. It's not something that is going to happen overnight.