Franklin vs Riverdale

FHSrebel27

Guest region4fan

True.....my doc tried to tell me it was Oakland's spicy dogs that did me in. But what does he know? i told him I NEVER went overboard with them!!

Glad yal had fun at Toot's. How many strong were you? You have got to get a PLUS. You know they will shut these boards down soon and then you won't get to joust with me for a long time. I need you to keep me current with all the "new recruits!" cmon riverdale throw the 12 down. you know you can't let a chance like that pass you by!

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True.....my doc tried to tell me it was Oakland's spicy dogs that did me in. But what does he know? i told him I NEVER went overboard with them!!

Glad yal had fun at Toot's. How many strong were you? You have got to get a PLUS. You know they will shut these boards down soon and then you won't get to joust with me for a long time. I need you to keep me current with all the "new recruits!" cmon riverdale throw the 12 down. you know you can't let a chance like that pass you by!

825468438[/snapback]

Speaking of recruits, I was watching Maryville run out on the field for pre-game, and I noticed they had their names on the jerseys. I saw one kid named Valentine. Hmmmmmm

Much props to Franklin for their efforts in the game last night. It was truly a great atmosphere. But all in all, the best team one. The Riverdale Defense had another great performance, holding the Rebels to only 13 yards on 13 plays and1 first down the entire 1st half. Their Offense was great also. As far as Dave Thomas and Gaston Miller go, BIG players, make BIG plays, in BIG games.

"FEAR THE SPEAR FOR NEXT YEAR"

Luckily, I saved a few priceless quotes from this forum from Franklin fans and well-wishers. The names have not been included to save further embarrassment:

Losing Championships is understood at Riverdale .... Not Franklin!

I saw Riverdale play tonight and I have no doubt franklin can run or pass against Riverdale...Franklin will also be able to cause turnovers on defense.

We don't care whether we are good or not ! We know we are going to win !

I have heard Riverdale called a machine multiple times this year. Everyone knows a machine doesn't have a heart.

trust me when i say riverdale will be lucky to score 17 on franklin 

be prepred to being wrong my friend. riverdale wont put 17 in a quarter on donnie webb's defense. riverdale's defense has gotten all the praise thoroughout the year for their great defense but on saturday it will be donnie webb's defense that will be praised as the great defense

Ask any Riverdale fan after they've lost who the best team was they saw. It will be the best team in the state Tennessee- the Franklin Rebels.

Riverdale obviously can be held in check.

Franklin has a better def than Oak Ridge

Better athletes and better records mean nothing.

Riverdale is a little better offensivly. Yes, I said a little.

After all that smack, I'd have to say that last week WAS the real championship game.

And finally FHSrebel27, you may want to retire that signature about the Warriors coming out to play. Be careful what you wish for.

825468174[/snapback]

Thanks! for saving the smack! It sure puts a reality check on things! Like I said in a post last night, it was like watching a pee wee team against a College team!

Props to Franklin and Riverdale for making it to the big game. Franklin, no one believed in you before the season, and for you to come all the way out of the tough region you played in, you proved everyone wrong. Riverdale, congrats on the title, it was only a matter of time. You played consistently all year long, blowing teams out all the way through the season. I enjoyed watching you play. You deserve this championship, so enjoy it.

OFFENSE--It would have been a 0-0 game until OT if Riverdale didnt have a QB. Riverdale should go buy him a HUMMER for his performance. He broke more tackles than the RB. If they didnt have him to run the option or just scramble they would have been in trouble. FRANKLIN OFFENSE--stunk. Horrible formation. I mean, once the draw doesnt work twice, it isnt going to work for the 3rd time you try it. You didnt spread out the Riverdale defense, you didnt challenge them deep, you played conservative and you got thumped. Offensive cordinator was horrible. Bad play calling.

DEFENSE--Riverdales D-line/Linebackers controlled the LOS. Franklin couldnt do jack. Didnt see the secondary get challenged. Franklin-- did great on the LOS for the most part but let the QB play michael vick and play backyard football on you all night long. Hats off the Riverdales QB, hes one of a kind.