Franklin vs Riverdale

FHSrebel27

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oak Ridge had us down 21-14 late in the first half, but we scored 4 straight TDs in that one.  Nobody else ever came close.  Oak Ridge was by far the best team we played.  Cookeville, Smyrna and Franklin were about even.

825468094[/snapback]

Hi again, Riverdale. It was nice to have a moment at the OR/Riverdale game when your crowd was actually quite! We both know when that happens and why.

Great season...big congratulations to your team. As I posted on another thread, the best thing Franklin did was to NOT score early. That puts bees in the Warriors and the margin might have been greater. You were not forced to the pass tonight and efficiently ran the ball. For those who don't know it, when Riverdale has a "scare" they CAN pass the ball quite well. If you scare them, you better be ready for the rebuff!

I would love to have seen OR and Riverdale in the final game on TV. That would have been a great one to watch. The playoff setup precludes that so RD, OR or DB cannot play eachother in the final.

Again, great win. You showed true tuffness tonight and should have a lot of respect from those who haven't played you and just get hearsay.

God Bless. Dart.

Congratulations Riverdale! You truely are the best football team in Tennessee this year. Congrats also to Dave Thomas on the 5A Mr. Football Award. Anyone who knows me on CoachT knows that I don't particularly care for Riverdale, well, actually, I can't stand Riverdale, but you've got to call them as you see them. I do have a couple of questions though. How is JaqMac doing, and did Spike play this season at MTSU or did he have to red shirt because of the transfer from Auburn? Again, well done Warriors!

Luckily, I saved a few priceless quotes from this forum from Franklin fans and well-wishers. The names have not been included to save further embarrassment:

Losing Championships is understood at Riverdale .... Not Franklin!

I saw Riverdale play tonight and I have no doubt franklin can run or pass against Riverdale...Franklin will also be able to cause turnovers on defense.

We don't care whether we are good or not ! We know we are going to win !

I have heard Riverdale called a machine multiple times this year. Everyone knows a machine doesn't have a heart.

trust me when i say riverdale will be lucky to score 17 on franklin

be prepred to being wrong my friend. riverdale wont put 17 in a quarter on donnie webb's defense. riverdale's defense has gotten all the praise thoroughout the year for their great defense but on saturday it will be donnie webb's defense that will be praised as the great defense

Ask any Riverdale fan after they've lost who the best team was they saw. It will be the best team in the state Tennessee- the Franklin Rebels.

Riverdale obviously can be held in check.

Franklin has a better def than Oak Ridge

Better athletes and better records mean nothing.

Riverdale is a little better offensivly. Yes, I said a little.

After all that smack, I'd have to say that last week WAS the real championship game.

And finally FHSrebel27, you may want to retire that signature about the Warriors coming out to play. Be careful what you wish for.

Guest region4fan

Everybody RUN for cover cause REGION is baaaccckkkkk!!!!

Congrats to the Warriors and Rebels for making it to the Big Show! A special congrats goes out to the Warriors for taking it. Can you believe it....I couldn't get the game on the hospital TV. What kind of place is this?? :lol:

You know me all to well, Riverdale.  I don't like them, and that's mostly because of the rivalry we (Cookeville) had in the 80's with you guys, but it's hard to deny what your boys have done this season.  If you can beat people the way you did throughout the playoffs, you CAN'T be touched this year.  Hopefully, my boys will be able to take it away from you next year, but that's 9 months away.  I guess you saw that WONDERFUL signature I have for the next month, thanks to Vols#1, didn't you?

825468149[/snapback]

Also, thanks for the update on Jacqui. It's good to hear that! I would also like to say that I think what Dave has done throughout this whole ordeal with her is ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING! Most high schoolers wouldn't be able to deal with it the way he has and would have just dumped her and moved on. But, he didn't!

Everybody RUN for cover cause REGION is baaaccckkkkk!!!!

Congrats to the  Warriors and Rebels for making it to the Big Show! A special congrats goes out to the Warriors for taking it. Can you believe it....I couldn't get the game on the hospital TV. What kind of place is this?? :lol:

825468184[/snapback]

Why are you at the hospital, Region? Nothing serious I hope! Hopefully, it was only because seeing Riverdale win made you sick to your stomach!