Franklin vs Riverdale

FHSrebel27

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its been mentioned that 22 years ago Tim Johnson won the State wearing #22. That same number is worn by Darrien Waters. And when add 22 + 22 you get 44. I like it !

Another little side note:

When Tim Johnson scored on a ten yard run to beat Gallatin in 1982, he handed the referee the ball, who in turn handed it to a TSSAA person, who then handed it to the Clinic Bowl President that year. In all the confusion the ball ended up going home with him and was in his garage for years. Over the years his son and he played with it and then it would sit in his garage. His son played football for Franklin in 2000 and 2001 before dedicatinfg himself full time to wrestling. In 2002, when Tim took over as Head Football coach, that same family was packing up to move from one side of town to the other and buried back in a corner of the garage was the ball. Twenty years later, Tim Johnson was finally given his game ball!

Best of Luck to the Rebels! As someone mentioned earlier, two years ago one other Williamson County team didn't have a chance. As I see it, Riverdale is the big favorite. Size, speed, heart, guts, strategy, and motivation can be discussed ad nauseum, but the game still has to be played. It will come down to how the kids on each team respond. If Franklin plays inspired and mistake free, they may still be "hangin'" around to steal the game in the fourth quarter. There are only winners in the Blue Cross Bowl!!!