Franklin vs Riverdale

FHSrebel27

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's something for the ones into superstition out there. It was 22 years ago that Lincoln County won their first state championship in a huge upset over Gallatin (1982) with Tim Johnson as their running back, and what number did Johnson wear in leading the Falcons to the victory? 22................. I know it will have absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of the game, but thought some might find it interesting.

825463641[/snapback]

You saw the Germantown postgame article, didn't you? Don't think that Coach J doesn't remember that... "it was 22 years ago and it was 22 that carried us" he said. So 22 led them to victory and thus far this postseason, our #22 has done a lot to help the Rebels to get where they are.

Been out of town, so let me add to the fray. . .

Like Franklin supported Brentwood in 2002, let me lend my support to you in your quest for the Gold Ball. You lead the charge for Region 6-5A and Williamson County.

My ultimate wish would have been for the Bruins to be there, and I firmly believe that had we beaten you that Friday night, we'd be in the 'Boro representing the Region and county this weekend. No Region in 5A is tougher, as was apparent that our game was much more of a semi-final than what you had in Memphis.

Throw caution to the wind and see what happens. I read a great line the other day and I'll close with this " Make every play your best, because you never know when it will end up being the best day of your life." Two years ago, Brentwood had the best day of their lives-now it's your turn.

Especially good luck to #4, the Chaz-manian devil.

Good luck Rebels-

Look at the playoff teams from Region 6-5A last year. Franklin made it to the semis. Brentwood had two losses last year- to Franklin. Dickson County had a great team that made an early exit (beat Franklin and Riverdale in the reg. season), and Centennial was a point away from being in the quarters. I'd say that's a pretty darn good region. Won't be able to convince me anyone was better.

There was an AWESOME story today in the Nashville City Paper about FHS offensive coordinator Danny Nowell.

Nashville City Paper Article

825462593[/snapback]

Known Danny a long time...he has always been a fighter. I did not know anything about this...if you see him tell him he is in my prayers.

PS: Tell Roy Williams (#14) that I am sorry I can't make it.

Look at the playoff teams from Region 6-5A last year. Franklin made it to the semis. Brentwood had two losses last year- to Franklin. Dickson County had a great team that made an early exit (beat Franklin and Riverdale in the reg. season), and Centennial was a point away from being in the quarters. I'd say that's a pretty darn good region. Won't be able to convince me anyone was better.

825464241[/snapback]

Team and region strength change from year to year in High School, as do the players! It's not the NFL guys!

Tired of all the talk about years gone by - back to this week.

Some obscure observations:

Riverdale Backfield - 173 Pound Ave

Franklin Linebackers - 190 Pound Ave

Riverdale Recievers - 171 Pound Ave

Franklin Defensive Backs - 172 Pound Ave

Riverdale O Line - 229 Pound Ave

Franklin D Line - 244 Pound Ave

Franklin Backfield - 188 Pound Ave

Riverdale Linebackers - 188 Pound Ave

Franklin Recievers - 162 Pound Ave

Riverdale Defensive Backs - 158 Pound Ave

Franklin O Line - 232 Pound Ave

Riverdale D Line - 213 pound Ave

Before anyone responds about speed overcoming size, Franklin has never been seen as lacking in speed at any position this past year.

Just don't see a rout - I see one of the best games 5A has seen in a while - maybe OT (just like the Senior class from Riverdale and Franklin went to the first game of their Freshman year - hopefully a different result)