1A mr football back

bearcats68

I am in southeast missouri, i went to the USJ VS DCA game. Im just saying that any runningback who can  USj team should be at least nominated. i have a question. what happened to chris byrd from cloudland. did he graduate or just have a bad year. ive been away from tennessee sports for awhile now. i havent seen peardon but im sure he is a great abck in his own right. i mean he got his team to the bowl.  Good luck DCA  Goodluck stangs.

FEEL THE POWER  YESSSSSSSSS

825460576[/snapback]

It was Mark Byrd and he did graduate.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all DCA fans, players and coaches, Wooden is a great runningback. I enjoyed reading about how he has overcome so much. It is a shame that he was not nominated offically for the award, but it sounds like you guys know he should be at least nominated for the award and that should be enogh. As far as Peardon, he deserves to be the winner this year. His stats show that. Someone mentioned that is stats were inflated. A team cannot help that their Region is week, but what Boyd did was go out and play playoff teams from 4a, 3a, 2a, and division 2 (Baylor). His stats were just as impressive against them as they were against the region teams.

Understand I am not a Boyd fan, I am associated with a rival school that dislikes Boyd, but what Peardon has done should not be overshadowed because other teams who have good or even great players like Wooden, don't like that their player didn't win.

Good luck to both teams. It will feature two good teams with two great players and two great coaches who's main goal is to glorify God through the way theu play the game of football. Wooden, keep up the hard work and you will be rewarded much better later on.

;) I know that Coalfield has really been overlooked by alot of the so called powerhouse schools however the gave Boyd Buc all they could handle in the first half and not taking away from the victory they got they are a very good team...However, if you ask the players who is one of the toughest players in 1A ball alot of them still recall #14 from Coalfield Michael Gilbert coming at them from both sides of the ball and not to mention he rushed for 2,000 yards in the regular season. Therefore if a consideration is made for a player that rushed for less yards then Mr. Gilbert should be considered.

To all DCA fans, players and coaches, Wooden is a great runningback.  I enjoyed reading about how he has overcome so much.  It is a shame that he was not nominated offically for the award, but it sounds like you guys know he should be at least nominated for the award and that should be enogh.  As far as Peardon, he deserves to be the winner this year.  His stats show that.  Someone mentioned that is stats were inflated.  A team cannot help that their Region is week, but what Boyd did was go out and play playoff teams from 4a, 3a, 2a, and division 2 (Baylor).  His stats were just as impressive against them as they were against the region teams. 

Understand I am not a Boyd fan, I am associated with a rival school that dislikes Boyd, but what Peardon has done should not be overshadowed because other teams who have good or even great players like Wooden, don't like that their player didn't win.

Good luck to both teams.  It will feature two good teams with two great players and two great coaches who's main goal is to glorify God through the way theu play the game of football.  Wooden, keep up the hard work and you will be rewarded much better later on.

825461783[/snapback]

Edited by Bighurt

I am sure that Chris Wooden would gladly have that Gold Ball over any Mr. Football nomination!

825454912[/snapback]

I am sure this years winner would gladly give his Mr Football award and his offensive MVP award from last years state game for ANOTHER Gold Ball, why can't people give credit where credit is due. The Mr Football nomination and the state championship have nothing in common other than a young man from each team is a Mr Football winner and both deserve it.

Friday night, we will all see who has the best TEAM. That's all that matters, I'm I correct? Never played Boyd so I don't know much about Peardon, but Wooden is a beast. We played against him when he was a freshmen and sophmore and he was pretty good then. Can't argue with a winner of a Mr. Football award, but I'm sure the only one Boyd or DCA care about is the Gold ball Friday. Don't hate the guy because he won Mr. Football, I'm sure he was deserving. I'm not taking up for either side, give congrats where it is due (congratulations Peardon). Good luck to both teams Friday.

Edited by justin groves 03

all i hear is how wooden should have been nominated, even won this award.  no one is telling me why matt peardon SHOULD NOT HAVE won this award?  can you give any valid arguement there?

825462296[/snapback]

No one can because the best back and the best lineman won, hands down!

i agree, debuck. no doubt, wooden is a superior back in 1A, but every arguement that he should have won (whether they mean it or not) is a slap in the face to matt peardon. chalk the wooden arguement for best running back to the same arguement for last year's title game.....

the "shoulda, woulda, coulda" category.

i'm still waiting on that valid arguement.........

DCA-DA CRYBABY ACADEMY......Why do yall cry about everything. yall have had a great year, and have a very talented back, but come on, Matt Peardon will break down any defense in every aspect of the game...But anyways, back to my point..Until proven otherwise, Peardon is the best back in 1a..HANDS DOWN....and i hate to say it, but wooden is gonna get a quick reach around by the Buc D...

825462627[/snapback]

First of all, why don't you keep your little names to yourself! DCA does not cry about everything. We have absolutely nothing to cry about. We are back in the state championship game. What more could you want? Sure, some folks are just a little frustrated because Chris was not nominated for Mr. Football. They know how hard that he has worked to get back into his form from last year before the injury. He just did not get the necessary touches early in the season to boost his stats because he was still recovering from the knee injury. Chris knows that and he and the whole DCA team has set their sights on a state championship.

I am from DCA and I saw Peardon last year in the title game. I thought that he was an impressive back. He has a great combination of power and speed with good vision. Going exclusively on stats I believe that he should definitely be Mr. Football. He is a very deserving winner and congradulations to him. However, Boyd will definitely see a much healthier Wooden this Friday compared to last year. I believe that both backs will get there fair share of yards because they are both very very good. People can debate all day about which one they think is better, but there will be absolutely no clear answer until these two great teams face off on Friday. I believe that the best back will clearly emerge (whoever it may be) and will help their team claim the gold ball for 1A.

Good Luck to both teams and backs. See ya'll on Friday and may the best team win!!