David Palmer and Jamont both to UT?

ballplaya32

Oak Hill Seniors David Palmer (Antioch) and Jamont Gordon (Glencliff) are in almost a freakishly similar situation....

Both played last year with Metro schools...

Both are now playing at Oak Hill (Mouth of Wilson, VA)...

Both are in jeopardy academically from playing D-1 next year...

Palmer actually had his scholarship pulled from Illinois because of the risk of not qualifying to play next year.

Jamont has had the "poor grades tag" on him ever since the the summer before his junior year and has been rumored to go JUCO next year.

Both are now in prime position to go play at Tennessee next year (if eligible)...

Since Palmer had his offer pulled, he is scrambling, as is Buzz, who had two of his signees back out and go to Lebo's new Auburn program.

Palmer's possible signing might weight Gordon, who has said he is going to be a late commitment. Both played AAU together and are now playing together at Oak Hill, not to mention them playing against each other in Metro, so why not team up again at UT. Furthermore, their AAU coach's son, Chuck Benson, is now an assistant at UT...

Can anyone comment on Palmer's and Gordon's relationship?....

On a side note, can you imagine the power of this recruiting class with Tyler Smith and Damien Harris already signing?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im from Tn and everything but im not a UT fan. If Either one of these kids go there, i dont see anything positive coming from their career team wise. Sure ut is a great big school and in the sec, and thats great for a personal goal, but the last person i remember coming from ut and doing anything recently is marcus haislip and even ut was awful then. They dont play team ball and i think that since tyler smith, gordon, and palmer are such good players, they should choose a school where they could be sucessful overall, and not just individually by playing at a big school.

Im from Tn and everything but im not a UT fan. If Either one of these kids go there, i dont see anything positive coming from their career team wise. Sure ut is a great big school and in the sec, and  thats great for a personal goal, but the last person i remember coming from ut and doing anything recently is marcus haislip and even ut was awful then. They dont play team ball and i think that since tyler smith, gordon, and palmer are such good players, they should choose a school where they could be sucessful overall, and not just individually by playing at  a big school.

825456618[/snapback]

all the pieces are coming in place for ut...they will have cj watson back next year and major wingate, and then the youngsters jujuan smith and lofton, asumnu and his hustle will be back to help teach the younger players that are coming up and then there is jemere hendrix and the ucla transfer andre patterson...with jamont, tyler smith and the rest of this years recruits this would make for a very balanced team....and after this year in which they should hvae pretty good success, a winning feeling will be placed in their minds, in my opinion ut basketball is going to be on the upswing

UT has too many Mid Majors on the roster to be as successful as I would like. Bradshaw, Howell, Asumnu, Smith, and Harris are all Mid Majors on a High major roster. I have not seen Harris in a year and a half, but talked to a scout friend of mine that said Harris is a bust...

Lofton was a steal, and I still think that Wingate can be a star if Buzz ever gets through to him. He was Top 5 in the country at one point, and one of the best players I have ever coached against (up there with Josh Smith, Dwight Howard, Glenn Davis, and Vernon Macklin)...

I saw David Palmer play against Hickman County last year and i was not impressed at all. He had 4 points and maybe 5 rebounds. He was not that great. On his AAU team he was not even a starter. Infact the only three guys to start every game unless they were injured were Matthew Dotson, Daniel Puckett, and Jamont Gordon. Palmer did not get a whole lot of playing time. I was very surprised he is at Oak Hill. Tennessee can do much better than David Palmer in the future. Jamont Gordon would be a great pick up though.

David Palmer is a very good prospect even if he hasn't reached his potential yet. He's 6'9, strong, aggressive, can shoot alright and has some handles. He didn't even play basketball in middle school. His first year to play serious basketball was his freshman year. And i heard he was starting at Oak Hill but i'm not sure.