Columbia Central 71, Loretto 55

PageMan

Loretto........10..14....11..20.....55

Columbia......9...14....21..27.....71

Columbia 71 - Alex Ross 20, Janay Armstrong 17, Nancy Moore 13, DeAndrea Bullock 13, Jessica Pillow 5, LaTeria Owens 3

Loretto 55 - Jana Cross 20, Paige Hannah 13, Leah Stone 9, Channing Franklin 4, Sarah Brewer 4, Nikki Reed 3, Dava Dickson 2

Three Point Goals - Columbia 5 (Ross 4, Moore)

Loretto 4 (Hannah 2, Stone, Reed)

Team Free Throws - Columbia 10 of 17 (58.8%), Loretto 7 of 13 (53.8%)

Team Fouls - Columbia 13, Loretto 13

Team Turnovers - Columbia 4, Loretto 10

Loretto led after the 1st qtr., 10-9, as Cross & Franklin had 4 each and Hannah added 2 while Columbia's Armstrong had all 9 pts. Loretto led at the half, 24-23, as Hannah had 7, including a three and 2 of 2 FT's, Cross had 5, and Stone hit 2 of 4 FT's while Columbia's Ross had 8, including 2 threes, and Armstrong, Moore, and Pillow had 2 each. In the 3rd qtr., Columbia took the lead, 44-35, as Ross hit 2 more threes, Moore and Bullock had 4 each, Pillow had 3, and Armstrong and Owen had 2 each while Loretto was led by Cross with 4, Reed hit a three, and Stone and Dickson had 2 each. Columbia outscored Loretto in the 4th qtr., 27-20, as Bullock had 9, Moore had 7, including a three and 2 of 2 FT's, Ross had 6, Armstrong had 4, and Owens 1 while Loretto's Cross had 7, Stone had 5, including a three, Hannah had 4, including a three, and Brewer had 4 as Columbia took the win, 71-55.

Columbia's balanced attack with Ross scoring from outside, Armstrong dominating on the inside, and Moore and Bullock also scoring well was too much for Loretto inspite of Cross's inside game and Hannah's good scoring. Loretto was missing Laura Birdyshaw who was injured against Collinwood last night.

Edited by PageMan

Lions Den, I thought the tournament was great. I only saw Saturday's action, but everything was on schedule and most of the games were pretty good.

It was good to meet greenwheel, finally and Lions Den as well. I also saw my old friend, tiredbbmom. I was good to see her after such a long absence.

Laura Birdyshaw fell during the Collinwood game on Friday and, at the time, I didn't think the injury to her knee was serious. Apparently, she was a little sore on Saturday and did not dress. I think her father said she may have a check up next week. I talked with another Loretto player who thought she wouldn't be out long. I guess that means her status for the Lewis Co. game on Tuesday may be questionable, but I don't know that for sure.

Congratulations to the Lady Mustangs. I thought several players stepped up and played the way they can play all the time. Birdyshaw being out may have made some players realize their potential, and that will pay off in the end of the season. Congratulations also to the Columbia. They had a very well balanced attack as pageman said, and it was just too much for my Lady Mustangs to handle. I think these two teams would make for an AWESOME rematch around the end of the season with all players uninjured, and at full potential all the way around. Great game from a highly ranked AAA and highly ranked AA team. Congratulations to Jana also on here outstanding feat that only few high school players can ever say they've accomplished!! Keep working hard, and I'll hopefully be travelling to Lewis Co. for some Lady Mustang Action if the weather permits, and my dad doesn't kill me for me keepin the roads hot trying to make it to all of yalls games. LOL!! Good Luck whether I make it or not!!

NICK B)

Hope you can make the Lewis Co. game, Nick. It could be interesting depending on whether Laura Birdyshaw is able to play or not. I thought that Paige Hannah had an excellent game with her 13 pts., including 2 threes, 3 rebounds, and 3 assists. Also, Jessica Green did well with her 5 assists as she started in place of the injured Birdyshaw. All the Loretto players will have to step up their game to replace the missing points of Birdyshaw. I'm sure Birdyshaw will do everything she can to play in the important district game with Lewis Co. I'll be there tonight in Hohenwald and should have a report on the action sometime late tonight, probably midnight or so.