Tennessee High

Devil10

thumb

Heres some trash talk we killed you, THS is worthless 49-0, 49-0?Sounds like a score in the middle of a regular season against a terrible 4a school not the semis.

825457685[/snapback]

You dont have to go that far we tried our best and we lost we know that we lost! how many players are on the Maryville team compared to us? How many players go to UT that went to maryville? How many people do we send to a top school we normally have 1-4 kids sign to a football school. Schools dont recruit up here the stay in the middle of TN. You guys have a great team i wish you guys the best of luck and hope you guys have had fun but we do need to get away from 4a and play some harder teams but who want to drive from knoxville or Nashville to play in a season game not to many teams. same thing goes for us we dont want to drive 3-6 hours to play a season game. so we have to hope that teams up here get better. we can play science hill or DB but its hard to get them on or playing list when we play the VT game thats the only open spot we got so we devote it to that because we been playing that game for over 30 years we just cant drop it!!!! But I agree we do need to play some harder teams but Who? we just hope that 4a gets better or we have to pratice a whole lot harder and scrimmage a whole lot more!!!!!

thumb

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree that it's not practical to drive a ways to play. Knox Central played Chattanooga McCallie and Murfreesboro siegel this year on the road. We would rather have not done so, but playing games either against excellent teams (McCallie), or in other parts of the state gets you exposure to other teams, media and talent levels. Driving from the Tri-Cities to Knoxville is about a 2 hour drive. That's not horrible. An over nite stay is not required. Both Central and Maryville have scrimmaged DB in the preseason. I think it would be wise for some of the Upper E TN teams to try to get games down this way.

Not to take away from the Rebels, but if they are the best high school team you have ever seen you need to go to Georgia and see some of the talented teams in the peach state!!!  Maryville is good for Tennessee competition but the state lags behind when you compare to many of its southern counterparts such as Georgia, Florida, or for that matter Alabama in the number of outstanding programs such as Maryville has.

825457992[/snapback]

Personally I think the only team that could do well in Georgia is Riverdale. But neither Riverdale or Maryville would be top 10 teams in Florida, Texas, Ohio and California.

I don't agree that it's not practical to drive a ways to play.  Knox Central played Chattanooga McCallie and Murfreesboro siegel this year on the road.  We would rather have not done so, but playing games either against excellent teams (McCallie), or in other parts of the state gets you exposure to other teams, media and talent levels.  Driving from the Tri-Cities to Knoxville is about a 2 hour drive.  That's not horrible.  An over nite stay is not required.  Both Central and Maryville have scrimmaged DB in the preseason.  I think it would be wise for some of the Upper E TN teams to try to get games down this way.

825459347[/snapback]

Good post medman. Somethin I've said about both our programs several times. We could actually do a better job scheduling top talent with our pick em slots in the schedule.

Boys, you're fooling yourself if you think they have better high school ball ANYWHERE than in texas. In texas, darn near every school has a stadium the size of a medium sized college here. When ballgame time rolls around, the towns shut down....literally shut down. Everyone goes to the game. It's a friggin religion down there. Schools can't buy books for every student, but they all have 15,000 or more seat stadiums. No one, not even La Salle or Lone Palms can even touch Tejas football!! You gotta see it to believe it.

Good post medman.  Somethin I've said about both our programs several times.  We could actually do a better job scheduling top talent with our pick em slots in the schedule.

Boys, you're fooling yourself if you think they have better high school ball ANYWHERE than in texas.  In texas, darn near every school has a stadium the size of a medium sized college here.  When ballgame time rolls around, the towns shut down....literally shut down.  Everyone goes to the game.  It's a friggin religion down there.  Schools can't buy books for every student, but they all have 15,000 or more seat stadiums.  No one, not even La Salle or Lone Palms can even touch Tejas football!!  You gotta see it to believe it.

825459401[/snapback]

You are right! I go to Texas a few times a year on biz and I can tell you, some of the big towns don't shut down but these stadiums seat 15-25 like the one in Fort Worth. I went to dinner one night and saw a stadum lit up and I thought it was TCU!

Note the below pasted news from Texas:

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Nov 29th

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram couldn't help but notice that TCU, playing for a bowl berth on Saturday, drew only 24,362 for its home game against Tulane, while a high-school playoff game between Abilene and Carroll at nearby Texas Stadium attracted 34,678. Adding insult to injury, we hear, five TCU players demanded to be released from their scholarships so they could transfer to Abilene High

You are right!  I go to Texas a few times a year on biz and I can tell you, some of the big towns don't shut down but these stadiums seat 15-25 like the one in Fort Worth.  I went to dinner one night and saw a stadum lit up and I thought it was TCU!

Note the below pasted news from Texas:

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Nov 29th

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram couldn't help but notice that TCU, playing for a bowl berth on Saturday, drew only 24,362 for its home game against Tulane, while a high-school playoff game between Abilene and Carroll at nearby Texas Stadium attracted 34,678. Adding insult to injury, we hear, five TCU players demanded to be released from their scholarships so they could transfer to Abilene High

825459436[/snapback]

HAHAHAHA....I would too!! :P thumb

No one can touch texas football with california coming in second, but this year's Riverdale team could compete in the state of georgia. The difference is that Georgia has several teams at Riverdale's level every year, while Tennessee only has one or two each year. I got to see the 5A state championship game two years ago (parkview (the riverdale of GA) and northside warner robins) and the 2004 warriors could have given either school a close game.

No one can touch texas football with california coming in second, but this year's  Riverdale team could compete in the state of georgia.  The difference is that Georgia has several teams at Riverdale's level every year, while Tennessee only has one or two each year. I got to see the 5A state championship game two years ago (parkview (the riverdale of GA) and northside warner robins) and the 2004 warriors could have given either school a close game.

825459890[/snapback]

Ok, Georgia football is good...lets move on. Most of their best end up wearin orange anyway, so their ALL TN boys, like it or not.

Ok, Georgia football is good...lets move on.  Most of their best end up wearin orange anyway, so their ALL TN boys, like it or not.

825459954[/snapback]

At one point in time you were right but since the Dawgs fired Donnan we no longer get the cream of the crop like we did in the years of Jamal Lewis, Deon Grant, and Cosey Coleman. Phil still does a better than average job in Georgia, and more recently the west coast.

I do like your positive attitude however, and regardless of where they come from when they put on the Orange they are Tennessee boys!!!

Hi guys missed ya. I will totally agree with you about the Texas programs, I am a graduate of Medina High School in Texas, yes it is a religion down there from 1 A all the way up. I have tried to help gain support for our team here at North and its like pulling teeth. They absolutely have no team support from parents or the fans. A few select parents do all the work and all the yelling, bell ringing and what have you. The rest of the people in the stands sit there and act like they are being bothered by the noise. EXCUSE ME this is football you idiots, if you come to a game there is supposed to be NOISE??????? It is so disheartening, that we made it to the playoffs and a title and still they sat there like knots on a horses patootie. I am angry and disgusted by parents who are gloryseekers, politicians, and who sit on their duffs. These boys need support and if you were at that game against Lenoir City you would see what i did, kids looking around from the sidelines wondering why all the silence. North Zone parents and other so called fans I am ashamed of you, you all show up for a meeting over them not closing North and raise holy immortal bazooka and then you do what you did to those boys? If North were to close and those boys went to other teams at least they would know what community support meant. This is not to all the diehard working parents, grandparents and few true fans these boys have. its to those who come and sit in the reserved seats and worry about the darned noise, so if you dont want to hear it dont come to the games, because you sure as heck are not lending any support to these kids whatsoever. :unsure: Db is looking better and better all the time. lol :D