NEW!! Class of 2005 Player Rankings!

gomab2

With Shay Shannon being gone from Giles County this year, the state will get to see what kind of talent Coach Holt had sitting on the bench last year, in Channing Coffey. The kid can shoot the rock with the best of them and his leaping ability is freakish. I think once the team gets to clicking on all cylinders, Tyler and Channing could be the best scoring tandem in the state.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post Gomab but I still have one question . If any team had two Tyler Smiths on the team would they not be a favorite to win instead of an underdog like Northside were being that they have two players on their team that is better than Tyler Smith (according to your rankings) ?

GOMAB out of everybody on your TEAM this year MID-STATE BALLERZ Doaks Really impressed me :blink:

... He has gotten better every GAME!!! Yes he has High Major skills.. & He is a STEAL!!!!!!!!!

I know the That Delk Carried your Team in the Nationals.... I heard he was SUPER!!!!! I know when I seen he at Austin Peay at Coach Reed Invitation He couldn't Miss,,,, He was on Fire!!! He Killed my Beloved Dream Team... Who had some Great Players on that Team.. They just couldn't keep up that DAY!!!!! The Dream team has very quick Guards,, but he proved his worth!!! B)

I still like Tyler Smith at Number 1... He just a Outstanding Player to Guard and his size make him very impossible to Guard at the High School Level.... :(

U did a very Good Job with Your Ranking this year... But I watch a Game when Anthony Mason Jr Played your Baller almost perfect... down in E-Town. TN.... The Memphis kid is Great!!!! He played Great in Atlanta Also.. killing the BIG Twins (6'10") From Cally!!!!! B)

Again I like Doaks and the thing is he's no longer a sleeper HE is a leget Post Player at (6'7") High D1..... YELP I'm BACK!!!!!!!!!!!! thumb

I have seen Coffey play quiet a bit and I must say, the kid can ball. He scored 28 pts. one night last year when Tyler was having an off night. Somehow, he never managed to get in the starting line-up unless there was an injury. I hate that I am not back in Tennessee to watch him play this year.

Coffey is one of those kids that is over shadowed by a his teammates. Not saying Tyler doesn't deserve all of the recognition that he gets, but Coffey could be right up there with him in the rankings if he had been given a chance as a freshman, sophmore, or even a junior.

Well I just wanted to step in and let you know Crossup that I had a chance to watch Dotson and Puckett earlier this season in a scrimmage against each other, Dotson definitely had the upper hand. Dotson is a pure shooter and Puckett tries to rely on his great athleticism and does not have a good shot. Yeah, he's a great athlete and I think to many coaches try to get the best athletes and look over the "basketball" players who really can play the game. I agree with Gomab this time (doesn't happen often) Dotson is definitely in the top 15 I think the players above him really speak for themselves, there is no one below him who should be in the top 15. In Dotsons last two games he has had 27 pts and 21 rebs and 6 asst.....17 pts and 14 rebs and 5 assts.... to me those are definitely top 15 numbers.....

Edited by dawgsfan71