District 2AA Reports and Standings

gloryseeker

Hello District 2AA fans! Just wanted to start a thread for the 2004-2005 season. It looks like another exciting season for all teams in this district. Correct me if I'M wrong but I Believe 2AA action gets underway tomorrow night 11\30\2004. Since I love the PIONEERS lets start with them. The Pioneers kick off district action at Rutledge in a rematch of the District Championship game against the Pigeon Forge Tigers. Should be a good game but with tourney MVP Dewyse back to lead the Tigers the Pioneers will really have to have a great game. The loss of two four year starters and 40 points a game have made things really tough for the Pioneers. It should be interesting to see how the Pioneers respond this season. I know they are currently 2-1 but I haven't got to see them play yet. A nice stretch of home games should give me a chance to see if they can be a factor or if they are simply rebuilding.

I'm not sure about other 2AA action. If you are a fan and know a score or who your team plays let us all know. LET'S keep this thread going all year! Good luck 2AA Fans!

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it is early but I'm going to take a shot at some pre-season rankings based on last years teams and what they have coming back and what they lost. I might not be able to remember everybody real well. This is just for fun. I am not trying to upset anyone.

1. South Greene

2. Cumberland Gap

3. Pigeon Forge

4. Union County

5. Gatlinburg-Pittman

6. Chuckey-Doak

7. Rutledge

8. Claiborne County

9. West Greene

What do you think 2AA fans? Or is it to early for anyone to care? Just wondering?

825459633[/snapback]

I think you are pretty close. After the early showing of Union County I might flip flop G-P and the Patriots. Maybe they will reverse last year's trend which was to start strong and finish poorly, but the lack of a strong post game could hamper them in the close games. They do shoot the ball well and Chuck Grigsby is one of the best in the region. I guess time will tell if coach Jessie is any better at BB than he was at Football, my guess is yes, or at least I hope so.

For the record...I have no beef with the Hornet.

:o

Cumberland Gap ought to be considered the favorite, but I still haven't seen the 6-8 transfer from the Big Island yet...if he can play at all he'll be the Panthers' key to winning the district.

Not that Crockett and Brim and all the other returners couldn't have done it with out him...

I guess after seeing that Rutledge won over Pigeon, the worst they can do is split so here's my take...

Cumberland Gap

South Greene

Chuckey-Doak (don't laugh...they're improved)

Rutledge

Pigeon Forge

Gatlinburg-Pittmam

Claiborne

Union Co.

West Greene

I have seem Claiborne once this season and while they did win over Hancock Co., the Indians have issues from what I could see. Claiborne isn't deep at all and a team that can get them in foul trouble or run 9-10 or 11 players out against them should win.

Union Co. is winless if I heard right...someone verify.

South Greene beat G-P by 20 or so I heard, but I also heard that G-P's girls knocked off the Lady Rebs...something I know that Pigeon Forge faithful will like to hear.

From what I have heard the pioneers upset one of the preseason top teams in the district.

Maybe the pioneers are the suprise team,I have good knowledge that the GAP is the team to beat,along with G-P, seems as if the teams in the mountains are good .

You other guys can try to battle with but you can't climb the mountain.

Edited by gladiator

Just wanted to add my thoughts on the 2AA race. I think South Greene and Cumberland Gap will run away with the race and the rest will all be in the mix for third place with the exception of West Greene.

Gladiator it is good to have a new poster on the board that is interested in the 2AA season. From looking at and reading your posts you sure sound familiar to PioneerPirate. Do you know him or are you related? Your spelling is similar to his.

Just wondering. If you see him ask him how his season is going at RMS.