Mr. Football is equivalent to the Heistman

BrewVol

it's like when Charles Woodson won the Heisman in '97 but Hines Ward had better stats in EVERY category both offensively, defensively, and on special teams.

825458328[/snapback]

Well I was referring to the 97 Heisman but I didn't have Ward in mind over Woodson. But, he would have been a better choice, as would Peyton. He can thank the ABC/Disney/ESPN media blitz for his chunk of metal.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Mr Football the Heisman of HS football in Tennessee the answer to that is it is a very high honor for a football player in Tennessee to win but the Charles Greenhill Prep Player of the Year is the Heisman of High School Football that has been presented for the last 24 years by the Lawrenceburg Quarterback Club.

This award is the most coveted award a player can win in Tennessee thumb

825458347[/snapback]

I agree. What is the criteria, who votes, etc. on the LB Cub awards? I've always respected their choices but I'm not sure where they come up with them.

Some very deserving kids won in most cases.  But how in the world can Patrick Turner and his 43 catches for 748 yds and 7 TD's, win over Boo Weathers with his 1680 yds rushing and 21 TD's and another 200 plus in receiving yards?  Not to mention he played cornerback and intercepted 5 passes and also returned kicks for another pile (I don't have the number) of yards?  No disrespect intended for Mr. Turner (I hope he stays in state to play his college football) but that comparison isn't even close.  He wouldn't even be Offensive MVP in either of the 2 West Tenn 2A regions.

825457875[/snapback]

I agree with this 100%. Boo wasn't as physically gifted as Turner was, but from watching Boo play and hearing many different things on Turner, Boo definitely worked much harder to be where he is now. Turner was very physically gifted with his size, but he didn't seem to use it. I have been told that he slacked off on plays that weren't designed to him, and just didn't give an all out effort like Boo did. Randy Lacey from McKenzie had more recieving yards than Turner did, and I'm sure many other recievers did. If they are basing it off of stats, why not one of the other recievers from 2A? I don't think Turner deserved the award, no matter how many colleges are looking at him.

Is Mr Football the Heisman of HS football in Tennessee the answer to that is it is a very high honor for a football player in Tennessee to win but the Charles Greenhill Prep Player of the Year is the Heisman of High School Football that has been presented for the last 24 years by the Lawrenceburg Quarterback Club.

This award is the most coveted award a player can win in Tennessee thumb

825458347[/snapback]

I wouldn't boost about an award that is a joke in middle Tennessee.

You have got to be kidding....Look at the numbers....Look at what the player did for his team to help them win.

Just what is your criteria to win this award??????????????????????

RoRo Fennessee is by far the best "FOOTBALL" player of the three, an all around player and great person that more than deserved the award, O well the privomits win agian.

825458619[/snapback]

I think Mt. Pleasant Fans would know how good Mark Thompson is after playing DCA. I saw him play against CPA and he is a beast.

Edited by Gerry Bertier