Mr. Football is equivalent to the Heistman

BrewVol

Your right, he didnt earn it, but when everyone goes off talking about boo weathers, why dont you take a look at the backs that were better than him...Markei Guy had 6 rushing TDS against Huntingdon and is only a Junior and was the leading rusher in west tn if not all of the state. Then the guy from Alcoa. I mean the numbers hes putting up are insane.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right, he didnt earn it, but when everyone goes off talking about boo weathers, why dont you take a look at the backs that were better than him...Markei Guy had 6 rushing TDS against Huntingdon and is only a Junior and was the leading rusher in west tn if not all of the state. Then the guy from Alcoa. I mean the numbers hes putting up are insane.

825458954[/snapback]

I totally agree.

825458954[/snapback]

Guy was the 3rd or 4th leading rusher in the state for the season. Boo was right behind him. However, BOO is now far ahead and still playing. As I stated earlier, Guy plays offense only. Boo plays offense on a very close level to what Guy is playing plus he plays a great cornerback and returns kicks. He deserved the nomination and both he and Guy (and Walker for that matter) deserved the award before Turner and ROgers. Obviously, Lindsey should have been in the mix as well.

825458954[/snapback]

You just can't quit can you? Instead of saying "all the backs that were better than him" and then listing ONE friggin player, why not say "there were other players more deserving". Compare Boo's numbers to any other 2A player in the state and tell me he didn't deserve to be nominated. Forget all your hatred for Huntingdon for a minute and look at it from a logical standpoint. His numbers speak for themselves and you can't just systemically say that he's not as good as so and so. He put up the numbers. Nobody else did. Isn't that what it's supposed to be about?

Im not downing Weathers? He does play both ways...I respect that more than anything. Yall took your shots at Daylan all year long about how he comes out of the game. He plays both ways also, and he played saftey and was the 3rd leading tackler. All im saying is Guy and Lindsey should have been on that ballot, they bent over backwards for thier team. Daylan Walker also should have been on that ballot, 3 time all state. Rogers and Turner didnt do jack. There were 4 better backs in TN better than Rogers and Turner.

RoRo was a good ball player, I thought he would win if Mount Pleasnt could have made it past DCA. Most of the time the best will not win. This award casues many players and parents to get their feelings hurt. It's not the player's fault they won so people should not blame them. The voters who vote, probably never saw the guy they voted for play. Like the Heisman it makes the championship game look that much better if two Mr.Football's are going head to head. How many Heisman winners ever make it in the NFL very long.

Ok, some of yall are acting like it is Patrick Turner's fault, who cares he got the award. Stats dont mean a thing. Get off the kid's back. I'm sure he isnt the first person to slack off on plays and stuff like that. Everybody does it one time or another. The player with the best stats is never givin the award ok. Get over it.

I'd rather have one Roro Fennessee than 2 of any of the other Mr. Football winners.

825464496[/snapback]

I saw Fennesse against DCA and was very impressed with him though it was probably not his best game. He had a slight disadvantage being nominated for Mr. Football as a lineman since he played linebacker and tailback and was not actually a lineman. He should not have been nominated in this category. At the same time he didn't have the offensive stats to compete with the Mr. Football backs that were nominated. Maybe there needs to be another category or something but I do think the two most deserving players won these awards.

I don't know if anyone else noticed that the title of this thread is very funny. A lot of people are implying these awards were stolen from more deserving players so maybe it was misspelled on purpose. If so, well done Brewvol.