Jeff County Lady Patriots

DZbettin

Ray, how bout we do this. We will make a thread for each month starting with this one for December. That way we wont have to keep the preseason thread going.

Now to tonights game. Jeff County 54 - Daniel Boone 41

The game was even less close than the score indicated. Jeff County led for 20+ for most of the game until Sarah Jane Sinard went down in the third quarter. DB followed with an 8-0 run to cut the deficit to around 10.

Sinard has had recurring knee problems and got hit the wrong way. They are going to wait until in the morning to see how she reacts to it and go from there. [trainer] doesnt expect her to be out for an extended period of time. Potts says they will work with Ashley Kyle at point and place Demika Holt in the 2 gaurd just in case Sinard has to miss a few days. Another injury note- Freshman Katisha Mattison was cleared to play yesterday and sat out tonights game as a precaution after an MCL injury. She is expected to start practicing this week and be ready for the greeneville game.

Ashley Huff picked up the slack tonight with 27 points and 9 rebounds. Lindsay Lyke also had a big first half with 10.

Jefferson County has a week to prepare for a road trip to Greeneville next tuesday. Greeneville is coming off a showcase win over Johnson County 83-19 although the competition wasn't exactly world class. As weak as the IMAC is this season, one team has a chance to put the other behind the 8 ball early, as greeneville and west sqaure off friday and then greene and jeff on tuesday. Greeneville's only loss is a56-45 defeat to <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=215&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Harpeth Hall</a>. The #1 team in the state according to coach t. Greeneville is 28th JCHS is 15th

Edited by DZbettin

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like the UTC signee had another great game. She is impressive to watch. Also excited to hear Lyke had another great shooting night. Those 2 complement each other well. Actually the entire rotation complements each other well b/c you can't really double someone b/c the open girl will burn you. Glad to hear that the Lady Pats won and I hope that Sinard can make a quick recovery from an injury that doesn't sound too bad, but I know that Damika can step in and fill the 2 gaurd slot just fine. Glad to hear the Tish is back and ready to prepare for Greeneville.

Sounds like the Lady Pats are off to another hot start and can keep it going tuesday evening as they play their toughest game probably of the year w/ having to travel to G-ville and everyone knows that Greeneville doesn't get beat very often up there. Good luck Lady Pats and keep me informed DZ and Raiderray.

The key to the game on Tuesday will be whether or not Chambers can step in and provide quality minutes. Huff and Rickard were noticably worn out late in the second half against Boone and Chambers is the only reserve post player on the roster. It will be critical that Huff and Rickard have fresh legs late in a close game.

Remember that three of the four Jeff County wins this season have been by double digits, so it hasnt been necessary to be at full speed in the fourth quarter. That wont be the case against Greeneville.

Raiderray,

What is the latest word on Sinard?  I can find out tonight but didnt know if you had heard anything

825464115[/snapback]

I heard she was wearing new knee braces Tuesday, and they were so strong that when she got hit, it moved the kneecap. They were going to hold her out a couple of days, and then see. I understand they are not practicing Friday night, so I think her first opportunity back would be Monday.

I think the kneecap thing is a recurring problem, so the trainers seem to have a handle on what to do, how much rest, etc. I just know I have never EVER heard a gym get as quiet as it did Tuesday night when she laid out on the floor.

Edited by raiderray

Yeah, from what i know, she switched from her old braces to the new ones before the game and [trainer] didn't know about it. Anyway, I'm just curious to see how her knees do hold up this season, considering their was some talk before the season that her knee problems may force her not to play bball this season anyway.

JCHS 46, Greeneville 50

Greeneville was effective at shutting down the inside game in the first half and forced JC to take more perimeter shots then maybe they wanted to early on- 1 for 9 from three range in the first half.

What really hurt JC was not being able to effectively cut into the advantage when Lyons went out with four fouls in the third quarter. It was funny, JC made their biggest comeback when Lyons returned to the game in the fourth.

I think early in the game, JC was caught off guard by the amount of pressure Greeneville came with on defense. It seemed like after JC got down by 14 in the second, Coach Potts called a timeout and got some things straighted out and from there on out it was a back and forth game. JC just dug to big a hole to overcome.

some final stats,

Lyons finished with 21 points for greeneville. Manual finished with 10 rebounds and a pair of steals but offensively she was shut down pretty good. She made a difference on the boards though.

For JC - Kyle finished with 15, Huff 12, and Sinard with 8. Sinard gave it her all in the fourth quarter- - four rebounds, two steals and a blocked shot.

Well, Kyle and Huff offset Manuel and Lyons.

The rest of each team pretty much equaled each other out, you might give an edge to Anderson over Sinard, but only from a points scored comparison. In my opinion, Sarah Jane played her best game of the year so far.

The difference was that Greeneville got out to an early lead, and JC couldn't get the ball to fall in the 4th qtr to make up the difference.

So the ladies have had an early season test, confirmed what everyone suspected, that they and Greeneville are very competitive and likely the class of the IMAC.

Now it is back to business Friday against Cocke County. Then some non conference opponents before the Christmas tournament, which should provide some more challenges.

I thought Tish looked good last night in her first action of the regular season, JC needs her and the rest of the bench to keep improving so that the team can reach its potential.