Let's Play Baseball

disgustedfan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farragut will be able to win every game for the next two years that catapano pitches. He is lights out. Watch for Brown to have another break out year. Heyming is going to be the number 2 in the rotation most likely and they will use delmonico out of the pen again. Many people will have to step up big for them to get anywhere near where they were the last 5 years.

Hey Tigermom..  how are things going to be this year at Mt. Pleasant? I hope we (USJ) have an opportunity to  play the Tigers this year.  Congrats on a great baseball and football season.  :)

825472154[/snapback]

We should be ok, Rebel. We lost some key guy's last year but I think we have the kid's that can step up and fill those holes.We were deep on the bench last year and alot of players will have to step up but I know these boy's are up to the challenge. :rolleyes: I am anxious to see how things are going to go with the new coach, the boy's were so use to Coach Bassham and the way he did things it is going to be an adjustment for them. (We will miss ya Eddie and Mrs Lynn) Hope we get to play you guy's this year, too thumb

Thanks for the congrats and good luck to USJ this year.

I had intended on making some fall games, but didn't get to many because West played all their games early (I missed enough work when my son was playing).

IMO West might swing the bat for base hits as good or better than last year, although I don't think they'll replace Hiles' and Hookman's power. Mike Mayer, Chase Powell, Matt Byrd, and Eric Wallace played a lot as sophomores. While talented, it remains to be seen if they'll match the work ethic that the previous two senior classes showed. My understanding is that hardly any of them played competitive ball this summer.

West has only 3 seniors - Dan Gager, Taylor Ross, and Ben Pressley. All played in the field last year. There are only a handful of pitching innings returning. Taylor Ross was probably underused last year. Bradley Childs and Chase Powell are the only other pitchers with any varsity innings. The top 4 pitchers - Snyder, Hiles, Zeanah, and Hookman are all playing college ball now. West will also miss Sam Michalik. I'm sure there will be some new sophomores playing, but I'm not that familiar with them.

West was victimized last year by poor defense. That will be another big question mark for them this year.

From what I've heard, Ready To Rumble has reason to be optimistic. There were some growing pains with coach Buckner, but he seems to have the program heading in the right direction now.

can't wait for the 2005 season to begin. even though i've graduated i will keep in touch especially with my beloved patriots from jeff. co.

On the basketball topic, i think baseball players are the best at bein rowdy toward the other teams. A lot of baseball players enjoy goin to games and bein loud and crazy. I enjoy watching basketball and football, but baseball is my love.

can't wait for the 2005 season to start in february for H.S., but my season begins Jan. 29.

Guest The_Siegel_Senior
:(  Hey!  I resemble those remarks!  What's your number dude? :(

825489429[/snapback]

Nothing but love for the umps...I mean hey they keep the hotdog companies in business... :( ...good guys they are though...