Hickman Co.

gamebreaker

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any word on the Hickman Co. job?

825464161[/snapback]

The rumor mill is Coach Ryan Keaton from Waynesboro Middle School. He's young and very energetic and his overall record at WMS is 46-9. He would be a great head coach on the high school.I would hate to coach there because of the region they are in. Heard this from the old football men up town in Centerville!

Edited by Bighurt

The rumor mill is Coach Ryan Keaton from Waynesboro Middle School. He's young and very energetic and his overall record at WMS is 46-9. He would be a great head coach on the high school.I would hate to coach there because of the region they are in. Heard this from the old football men up town in Centerville!

825464181[/snapback]

Its amazing what you hear isn't it......I haven't heard that one

I don't think Keaton is a realistic option.  He couldn't coach his way out of a wet sack.

825465694[/snapback]

I heard from an "inside" source that there have been over 30 applicants....men from Georgia, Arkansas, Mississippi, Minnesota yes Minnesota, and of course Tennessee....I feel for the program down there in Centerville.....I hope they do things right and hurry the process up.....the way it sounds they have a good group to choose from.....Hopefully Wayne county isn't an option

Word on the street is Rick Rice is the lead canidate for Hickman Co. This is only hear say but makes sense. He is from McEwen and probably would like to get close to home. He has plenty of high school experience and is always looking to move up. I am sure Hickman Co. would be lucrative pay. The only problem I would see is if he is trying to run the veer. He is a little behind in that offensive scheme. He has a young energetic assistant that could probably help him in Hickman County. Regardlesss, good luck to the bulldogs.

Rice has worked too hard to get Perry County back across the river to leave it at this point. I think he will give PC a couple of years to see how they do in their new region before he starts looking for "greener pastures". Plus I wouldn't want to step into Hickman Co. until after the new East Hickman HS is in to see where the Bulldogs will fall classification wise after it opens.

You guys can stop speculating about Hickman County. The central office has posted the position and will continue to accept applications until 4/1/05.

825465780[/snapback]

Good Point ELA, thats exactly what the Central Office has said...I just hope we can get the best man for the job....I think we will....we are looking to turn things around down here in Hickman County....I just hope the next guy has the determination and zeal that its going to take to get us back into contention.....Good Luck to all....Hickman County is a great school system to work in and has great people to work for.

You guys can stop speculating about Hickman County. The central office has posted the position and will continue to accept applications until 4/1/05.

825465780[/snapback]

Why such a long time before they would announce? Couldn't they lose a top candidate because that timeframe runs into Spring Practice for most schools.

Just seems to be too long of timeframe.

Best wishes to whomever comes away with that job. I hope all those involve with the program give the coach a good amount of time to turn it around. Unlike Notre Dame, Indiana, Mississippi, etc did to their recent coaches.