Sullivan Central Men's Basketball

FalconHater00

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good win against Johnson Co. last night. Final score was 87-38. Scoring wise, Beverly did outstanding with 19, Leonard had only 9, Sanchez stepped up and made 9 quick points for a huge boost. Buchanan did good as well. The whole bench stepped up, including Josh Housewright. What are your thoughts?

hvwarrior - If you all take care of Fraizer, you all can beat them by at least 20.

Sounds like the Cougars really poured it on last night. Great job guys!! I have following the Cougars since I was a student there in 1974 (yep, 30 years ago) and the talent level of this team, from 1-9 is as good as I have seen in a while. I realize Toler has been sick and unable to play, but when he gets back to full strength, I think the Big Orange will really start to click. He plays so hard all the time, and really crashes the boards hard. He is the ultimate team player who will find the open man, no matter what. With Beverly and Leonard manning the post, it gives the Cougars two inside men capable of scoring 14-16 pts apiece on any given night. I guess the big question is "What's wrong with Weatherford???" I really expected him to light it up this year, but for some reason hasn't started scoring much yet. Any comments?

I agree with you 100%. The talent level for this team is very high. I feel that Beverly and Leonard are holding their own in the post positions. Both of them are averaging around 13 points a game. Buchanan has done a tremendous job in place of Toler. He is an all-around athlete that can contribute in many ways. Weatherford will come around as the season progresses. Sanchez is doing a good job at point guard and is on his way to breaking school record for assists. Hess has come off the bench as a sophomore and contributed. McCoy plays great defense.

The season so far for the cougars has been pretty good,but i expect them to really start to click in the next couple of games and should be unstoppable.When Beverly and Leonard get going at the same time on the same night they cant but some points on the board.I would hate to be the team that plays them that night.Let me know what you all think.