Top Freshman in Mid-State

RENO911

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know of two in district 12A.  A kid from Summertown is really great and a guard from Collinwood is also good.  Anybody know the names of these two girls?  Who are some other freshman that will make an impact in the mid-state this year?

825465870[/snapback]

If you check your own post from 11-22-04, YOU mentioned Abby Andrews was a

freshman and YOU also stated she was the best player on the team (collinwood)

She is the 4th leading scorer, according to the Tennessean,on her own team. Very

good for a freshman.

You must have forgotten her name in the last two weeks.

Edited by NOMOORE

Courtney Dyer - Jackson County

Everyone will know who she is before long.  Starting now for the Lady Blue Devils, and is playing great. :lol:

825467910[/snapback]

You are right on. In her first start she hit three treys and some free throws. 11 + points. B)

She gets the ball down the floor so quick, that most teams can't trap her with the press. :D

I know of two in district 12A.  A kid from Summertown is really great and Collinwood's abby andrews is very good.  Anybody know the name of the summertown girl?  Who are some other freshman that will make an impact in the mid-state this year?

825465870[/snapback]

There are 3 freshmen from 12A that are really starting to separate themselves from the rest of the pack:

1. Haley Lovett, Summertown - She is extremely fast and aggressive. A great ball handler and shooter, but I personally think that she doesn't shoot it enough. She can stroke it from anywhere on the court and is a natural born leader. This is the type of player that you build teams around.

2. Becca Leegan, Perry Co. - This young lady has come out of nowhere to start for the already loaded Lady Vikings. I saw her play once last year as an 8th grader and all she could really do was dribble the ball and play decent defense, but her shot was horrible. I can't believe how much better she has gotten over the past summer. She is currently their 3rd leading scorer at around 13 ppg, behind only Edney and Weatherly.

3. Abby Andrews, Collinwood - All eyes have been on her so far when it comes to freshmen in the mid-state area. She is currently the only freshman ranked by Rick Bolus as one of Tennessee's top players of 2004 - 2005 ( http://www.angelfire.com/ky/prephoops/BolusRankings.html ). Andrews is an extremely tough player with great quickness. She understands the game better then most and her work ethic seems to be strong. A little work on shooting and footwork and she could be one of the best ever to come out of Collinwood.

I know of two in district 12A.  A kid from Summertown is really great and Collinwood's abby andrews is very good.  Anybody know the name of the summertown girl?  Who are some other freshman that will make an impact in the mid-state this year?

825465870[/snapback]

Not to make this to long but, I do agree with you on the girl from Collinwood's Abby Andrews, But another big player to watch is Pope John Paul's Freshman Krista Lindahl, My little brother knows the girl and made me go watch her a couple of times. She is not hesitant to come in and make exsplosive plays, and put points on the board for her team, but she does have to improve over the years. But she will end up being a player to wacth.