Giles Co 65 Columbia Central 64

greenwheel

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man what a game. i have to disagree with some of the officiating but we came out with the big W, so thats all that really matters to me. Columbia came out with the early lead and kept it the first half, then in the second Giles county came back and ended up with the victory. i have to give props to T-Mac for tonight. he made some critical plays, that without them, we might not have come out with the victory. all in all great game.

GO GC

MAJOR PROPS TO COLUMBIA!

Seriously folks, I have been a part of only two better games as a fan, GCHS vs Ridgeway for the title and the Bolivar game.

WHAT A GAME! This is the stuff that legends/rivalries are made of. That big #34 on Columbia played the game of his life! The three point shooters were tremendous. I have nothing to complain about except maybe the officiating was terrible, but it was terrible on both sides. Too bad, but this was too much of a good game to blame bad calls on.

Edited by wneely

Guest Oakland
Major props to Giles Co

825467068[/snapback]

very suprised by this score. even more suprises that marable had as many pts as he did. congrats giles co on a very close win

What I'm really glad about is the fact that no one has yet mentioned that they think Tyler is selfish. How selfish was he tonight? On the game-winning drive, he takes it THE LENGTH OF THE COURT, goes up for the shot..... and passes to a wide-open Channing Coffey for a lay-up and the win!

WOW...that was an awesome game with great fan support for both sides. Truly one of the best high school games ive watched. Tyler is a man and can do so much for his team. I hope he didnt get hurt in that game i saw him limping...i am looking forward to see him playing for UT next year. Good luck the rest of the year GC...looking forward to this matchup next year.

from the !

Great game last night. Although they lost by 1, Columbia played their hearts out. The Lions had 3 starters on the bench with 2 fouls in like the first 4 minutes for the rest of the 1st half. From where I was standing at courtside, a couple were questionable but I won't get into that. The reserves came in (especially Clint Marable) and gave Giles all they wanted. I counted 3 mistakes or mental lapses in the final 45 seconds that could have cost Columbia the game but all in all, they played a heckuva game. If Giles wants to get back to State, they are going to have to play hard all the time like Columbia did. They seemed to only play hard when they wanted and at times looked lazy. Since they are in different divisions and a local team, I wish them the best and hope they can pull it off. They are definitely not just a 1 man team but will have to increase their intensity in the postseason. This was a good hard fought game for the Lions and should benefit them going into district play next week. Good luck to both teams.

Good post Coach. I listened to the game via. the internet and it sound sloppy on Giles County's part. These guys need to step it up and play like they are capable of playing for an entire game and not just for 20 minutes. We know Tyler Smith can score when he wants and Coffey can as well, but to win the Gold Ball again, someone must step up as "Weezie" did 2 years ago. Should be interesting to see how things play out.

great game on both sides Columbia has stepped it up since last year they did a great job and probably should have won but we'll take it once again the refs stunk it up (both sides) but other than that great game.by the way wneely can lee moss not keep his shirt on every time i see him his shirt is off (IM NOT HATEING)I guess that what students do now or something.