CUBS vs WAREAGLE

speedo

The last time i heard sycamores record was pretty dang sorry, (1-4) something along those lines. Cheatham played great defense and out rebounded sycamore by a ton and come to play the whole game, not just the first 3 quarters thats why they won. Cheatham will win the second game as well at home, probably by about the same margin. People said no one else on cheathams team could contribute, well Moss, Vaughn, and Davidson contributed as much as anyone in the second half. ALso, cheathams Big fella played great defense against sycamores big fella. He contributed quality minutes. I did notice sycamores superior post game though...J/K. One last staement on the game, noel shooting a 25 ft 3 is only a bad shot when your running a fast break down the florr as he was. If he would curl off a screen that deep or be squared with the basket, its just as pure as a free throw.

825468302[/snapback]

Let's look back at the past three seasons of Sycamore basketball. All three seasons started terrible for the War Eagles, all three ended up in substate appearances and back to back district championships. Just wait, Sycamore will be there in the end. I saw Noel square up, and curl off a screen and take a three and missed them, so obviously it is not as pure as a free throw. Don't get me wrong, but Noel is a good player, but y'all put too much hype on the kid. I didn't know you could predict the future Cosmo. :unsure:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody that has any sense what they are talking about has said that Sycamore is great.They have the potential to be a pretty solid ball team but it has not happened yet, oh well its a long season. I dont understand something else, was Cheatham not supposed to beat Sycamore Friday? They came in with the better record and so far in the season they proved to be the better team right now. Yall all act that that was the biggest upset in school history and it was far frpm it. Oh well, its over. I am not gonna worry about it anymore. Its over Cheatham won and thats all there is to say. see yall around.

The whole hype thing around noel.... there is a reason for it. he is a good basketball player. he has improved on defense over the past three years, and makes much better decisions with the basketball than the past. He has become a more all around player, and there is no denying that. As far as his supporting cast goes, they know what they have to do to get the job done, and they do it. Sycamore is a selfish team, as stated before in the boards, and that will soon pass as they figure out what is keeping them from winning games. Now when it is tournament time, Sycamore steps it up a notch, that is fact, but, this year should be different for Cheatham. Why cant we all just be happy that a team in our county is a representative. And however the outcome may be in the future for tournaments, I'm sure the other team will be there in the stands cheering for the other. Good luck to both teams in the rest of the season...

Nice post playboy, the hype around Noel should be there but i still think he should give the ball up a little more. Sycamore has stepped up in the past at tourney time but last year they stepped it up at the end of the regular season and it carried into the tourney. This year it is different, Sycamore cant wait until the tourney they have to step it up right now! I feel that they can do it even though all these people are on here talking about how sorry we are and all that other crap that is far from the truth but keep saying that if u want to. We know what kind of team we have no matter what all of the people on here have to say. It starts Tuesday with Rossview, that will once again be a tough game. Anybody with any sense from Cheatham want to give me a little scouting on what Rossview does?? see yall.

The Cubs Coaching staff and the team could care less about this hype. You have to look at where this progams is going and coming from. Four years ago it was as low as it could be with a 1-20 something record. Coach Jackson is slowy turning it around with a 11-15 season followed by last years 21-11 season. In which they lead the nation and set a state record for team free throw percentage. (77% ranks as 7 all time in H.S. history). They look at the big picture and not a snap shot of one game hyped up year after year. They are just always looking to get better and to work at their game. For some folk that don't know or understand there is a regular season champ and a tournment champ. I have never seen a tssaa plaque for county champ. I don't care about a county champ and I gota feeling nobody else cares to brag about it other then Sycamore. You are only as good as your last game.This is a closed subject for the Cubs. They have to plan and prepare for Harpath and Sycamore for whom ever they are playing. Good luck to both teams!

:blink:

Justblake, that was a great post. Yes, it was good to beat your rival, but this was just another game. There are like 20 more games this season, all of which should be taken game for game. There is no looking ahead, just getting the job done for each individual game. Cheatham will look to it's next game against Harpeth now and not worry about this game anymore. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

P.S. Forrest Dump I love you too. (Whoever you are!)

i am not sure but i think the only sport that cares about the county championship is football. Our football team won it and they made their little shirts and all but we do not worry about that in basketball. We arent worried about anything right now but making our team better and competing in the district.So whats the deal with Rossview?

:unsure:

sycamore boxed out and penetrated a ton better tonight than they have been. they just seem to have died on D when the 4th quarter started. that plus cheatham started hittin every single thing they threw up. cheathams better than i thought. brink took over from where noel was being slowed down. itll be closer next time though when jesse's playin. o and please please dont try and dunk unless you can dunk. that was horrible.....

825467070[/snapback]

I do agree with you on just about everything you said accept for a few things, like when jesse gets back it will be a much closer game. But ripping someone for trying to dunk thats not right, cause you got to start somewhere, least he had the guts to do it in front of those people, and I respect him for that. Cause I missed my first 16 dunks and then finally 1 got one down my freshman year, so kid who ever you are keep it flying.

Edited by sportsfanatic35

Let's look back at the past three seasons of Sycamore basketball. All three seasons started terrible for the War Eagles, all three ended up in substate appearances and back to back district championships. Just wait, Sycamore will be there in the end. I saw Noel square up, and curl off a screen and take a three and missed them, so obviously it is not as pure as a free throw. Don't get me wrong, but Noel is a good player, but y'all put too much hype on the kid. I didn't know you could predict the future Cosmo. ;)

825468316[/snapback]

I Know nothing from either team but I did get to see the game Friday night,and the kid, opposedly the great shooter noel smith did impress me, coming from a college SG, He Shoot 3's being most confident in his shoot. And evan though he did miss a couple, he still kept shooting Knowing he could make them but did miss and showed alot of heart in doing so, and that's college Material. So please before you start rippin on cosmo about what a team does in the past, know what your talking about man, because it is not what a team does then it's what a team does now. Take it from someone thats been tere and knows what thier talking about

Edited by sportsfanatic35

Jeez sportsfanatic, heres your medal for being a college gaurd, guess what, there are lots of them on this board. In my opinion, you dont know what your talking about. I know just about every player on both teams, so im pretty sure i know more about this topic than you do! When did i rip a team for what they had done in the past?! The only negative thing ive said is sycamores record is 1-4, and thats not negative, thats the truth and that was all. SO, please read the posts more carefully, i havent ripped anyone, know it all.