Black Horse Invitational

CoachDelgado

No, I would not put alot of stock in where Ridgeway finished in the Black Horse. They are a good team that was missing a few wrestlers this weekend. But that is not that unusual for this time of year as wrestlers SLOWLY descend to their weights, or are injuried, or ill. Time will tell who is best in the west. As we all know, duals in December don't show the whole picture. Houston looked good this weekend. Germantown has improved and has some tough wrestlers, Collierville is good and I think Bolton will be as well. The DII schools looks much improved as well. Nice pick up by MUS getting Coach Henricks, he has always built good programs (Millington and Bolton). Carlo Pirani and the boys from Benedict are much better and Coach Nutt has them going at Briarcrest. Should be a very fun and interesting year. Good matches coming this week as Houston takes on Ridgeway and we (CBHS) wrestle Collierville Thursday. Always fun and should come down to the wire in some early season clashes.

Kudos to the men at Houston, well run tournament and we enjoyed it.

Oops, forgot to mention the tough Cordova kids....sorry

Edited by papbear3

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good matches coming this week as Houston takes on Ridgeway and we (CBHS) wrestle Collierville Thursday. 

Kudos to the men at Houston, well run tournament and we enjoyed it.

825469827[/snapback]

We also wrestle at Bolton on Tuesday.

I appreciate the kudo. I will appropriately distribute the remaining kudos each to Coach Holmes, Coach Pfeiffer, Coach Swain and the booster club.

I think Ridgeway needs some cough drops.

825469550[/snapback]

na, the head life guard at the wave pool and i had a discussion afterward.... in tourneys you can get a couple of key matchups that create big point differentials; i.e. mustang 30 andy beats roadrunner 30 chad in championship semis, gets big points....roadrunner chad is injured, falls all the way to sixth....no points from wrestler who probably gets at least third if not hurt. also, the wave drowns two mustangs in finals to overtake second...and so on and so on..... :P

by the way, it looks like thursday night on the left side will be very interesting........i'll be at the mustang ranch so i'll need to be sure and set my tivo up...........wave pool or dragon den? :)

na, the head life guard at the wave pool and i had a discussion afterward.... in tourneys you can get a couple of key matchups that create big point differentials; i.e. mustang 30 andy beats roadrunner 30 chad in championship semis, gets big points....roadrunner chad is injured, falls all the way to sixth....no points from wrestler who probably gets at least third if not hurt. also, the wave drowns two mustangs in finals to overtake second...and so on and so on..... :)

by the way, it looks like thursday night on the left side will be very interesting........i'll be at the mustang ranch so i'll need to be sure and set my tivo up...........wave pool or dragon den?  ;)

825470045[/snapback]

at CBHS

Congrats to CBHS!!  You Guys are GREAT!  One question, who was the 125 guy that went up in his singlet and tennis shoes to get his award. Did anyone get a picture of this? That was the funniest thing I have ever seen!

825470366[/snapback]

That was Jonas Gibbs from Ridgeway, and it was pretty hilarious.

He doesn't get embarrassed, so I was embarrassed for him.  He's a funny guy away from the mat, he has no shame! :lol:

If anyone has a picture of it, please Email it to me.

825470426[/snapback]

I do, Coach B, but I haven't looked at it yet. I'll email it to you this afternoon, provided it turned out. The ranch is dark (no pun intended), and I can't get good pics unless I'm up close. And you know how they are about keeping spectators & photographers away from matside. :(

The ranch is dark (no pun intended), and I can't get good pics unless I'm up close.  And you know how they are about keeping spectators & photographers away from matside.  :D

825470494[/snapback]

you know, if your lesser half or your team leaders, beelzebub and mini-bee, would turn lose of some coin, good cameras are not that expensive. besides, over the long haul, you would save money vs. buying those throw away jobs every week or so. ;)