West Tn Football=WEAK? Is it?

paintc

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a better argument would be which has better athletes??

825470324[/snapback]

What does that have with winning Football games? You can have a team of athletes and not win anything. I think the answer to that question it is pretty even. Talented athletes are all around the state. But the teams that gel together and win year in and year out are from the Tennessee River east.

West Tn has 10X the atheletes. The coaching is not as good in West TN. Money is a huge issue. The Middle TN teams have a ton of coaches and big budgets. East TN has bigger coaching staffs also. However, East TN lacks Middle TN money.

West Tennessee is comprised of mostly 2A teams and so you can't compare 5A,4A because we don't have that many.  The best 2A football is west of the TN River period. Why do you think Ronnie Carter did away with one the srongest regions in west Tn and put Milan,Huntingdon,Martin etc. all together. So they would weed each other out!

825470425[/snapback]

That is why only 2 West Tennessee teams have won a gold ball in the last 10 years.

I don't think WEST TN has weak teams. Some of the best teams in the state are in WEST TN. Any team that makes it to the final our in their classification is worthy to be called a great program. Alcoa and Maryville are East TN teams but DCA and RIVERDALE are Middle Tennessee teams. Brackets don't mean much to me! If you want to look at the grand divisions you have several fine programs from Middle Tennessee in the Blue Cross Bowl.

Middle TN: DCA, Riverdale, Greenbriar, Franklin ...

East TN did have more programs that West but I think the main battle was between Middle TN teams.

West TN will always have the Milan and Huntingdon teams! These programs are always in the hunt for a title. I think USJ will be back on top even though they are moving up to AA next year. CPA (MT) should be back too! All of the Memphis programs like Melrose are always a game or two out, so who can say that WT football is weak?

Edited by ELA

Lets look at the last times West Tennessee teams have won a gold ball in the 5 classifications.

1a- Bruceton Central (1989) 1 winner in 15 years

2a- Huntingdon (2003) 2 winners in 10 years

3a- Ridgeway (2002) 4 winners in 10 years

4a- Memphis East (1999) 1 winner in 10 years

5a- Germantown (2003) 1 winner in 10 years

The only division the West has had any success in is 3a in the past ten years. The west has 9 titles in 55 chances. So I would say they are the weakest of the three regions of Tennessee.

825468993[/snapback]

i believe milan has 2 winners in the past 15 ... i know of 1 4 sure

Just because one particular geographical region has a lot of gold balls doesn't make that geographical region stronger by default.  If you want to consider all teams within a region, you can't base it on the success of a handful of teams that win lots of state titles such as Maryville, Riverdale, etc.

825470611[/snapback]

The BoredGuy is exactly right. Plus how many state titles can be counted that was not won by either Lipscomb or Goodpasture in 2A or one of the exclusive privates in 1A from middle or east?

West Tennessee is behind Middle and East Tennessee, get over it!!! Make all the excuses about money, coaches, and facilities. Who cares if they are private or not? Huntingdon beat a private in 2003 so it is possible. But overall the West is not as good as the East and Middle Tennessee areas.

825471241[/snapback]

Can you tell me how many gold balls( or silver balls) that the Fairview Yellowjackets have in their trophy case. just wondering