Coffee County vs. Columbia

Red_Raider

Guest RedRaiders13
How did Williams do for Coffee Co? He's really the only player I've heard much about.

825473972[/snapback]

I thought he struggled. He finished with 13 points according to the Tennessean. He had a sweet dunk but missed more close shots than usual. Still, he's a very talented player who will have the opposition's best defender on him every night.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought he struggled. He finished with 13 points according to the Tennessean. He had a sweet dunk but missed more close shots than usual. Still, he's a very talented player who will have the opposition's best defender on him every night.

825473981[/snapback]

He struggles against the good, physical teams. Gets his big points against weaker teams. He will have a big game against T-Town.

He struggles against the good, physical teams. Gets his big points against weaker teams. He will have a big game against T-Town.

825473998[/snapback]

Sounds hauntingly like your opionion of another CC athlete in another sport. He averages 15 points a game. He had 16 against Cleveland who was probably our most physicaly imposing team to date. He has scored in double digits every night with around the same amount of points. He is always in double digits and so far has not hit 20 against anyone. Sounds like the stats say he is a pretty consistent scorer no matter who we play. So what are the weaker teams and what are the more physical teams that he has not performed well against.

The dunk he had was over Bulluck and another defender after driving the baseline on Bullock. Is that physical enough? The guy can play no matter who we face!

825473981[/snapback]

theres no doubt he is a talented player, and one of the better in the district. i just don't believe he has as strong of a supporting cast to take the pressure off of him and he can't carry the team single handedly.

Sounds hauntingly like your opionion of another CC athlete in another sport. He averages 15 points a game. He had 16 against Cleveland who was probably our most physicaly imposing team to date. He has scored in double digits every night with around the same amount of points. He is always in double digits and so far has not hit 20 against anyone. Sounds like the stats say he is a pretty consistent scorer no matter who we play. So what are the weaker teams and what are the more physical teams that he has not performed well against.

The dunk he had was over Bulluck and another defender after driving the baseline on Bullock. Is that physical enough? The guy can play no matter who we face!

825474017[/snapback]

You are a good man and there are similarities. Yes, he has his moments, but they are fewer against athletic, physical teams. Coach said he mised a lot of close shots, and that happens against physical teams. Against Tullahoma, he will have a very good night. Should be a big win for CC.

Edited by wingman10

You are a good man and there are similarities. Yes, he has his moments, but they are fewer against athletic, physical teams. Coach said he mised a lot of close shots, and that happens against physical teams.  Against Tullahoma, he will have a very good night. Should be a big win for CC.

825474039[/snapback]

Columbia was a very athletic team and played very hard. Good point that I agree with about playing a more athletic/physical team you are taking more shots under duress than you would against a lesser team. They are going to put their best defender on him night after night and that is tough, but I do agree that last night he did not have his best night and did miss some shots he normally makes. He should have a good night against T-Town. I do not think they have a good match-up person to defend him. Either they are quick enough or tall enough, but they lack someone that has both qualities to guard him. You agee? Plus we have a definite size advantage against them.

T-Town and CC always have good games and Tullahoma always plays CC tough so this will be a dog fight. Hope the boys come to play and leave the Columbia game in Columbia.

Oh wingman, Williams worst game of the year was against Cascade. He only had six points, surely this is not one of those physical teams you were talking about. I don't know if you have had to go up to Columbia this year, but news flash they are athletic, but they aren't physical. Only physical presence they have is Marable and at no point was he on Williams. He was guarded much of the night by Coty String, a 6'3" 170 pounder. I would not call that physically imposing. Williams just struggled with his outside shot, as did all the Raiders. The substitution killed Coffee County in the third. Columbia goes on an 11-0 run with three starters on the bench and they could never get the momentum back. The difference in the game was the first half when Coffee County should have been up 15 points instead of tied.