Kris Smith

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I read on a prior post that all your wrestlers were girls.  :o

Just having fun!

825499159[/snapback]

Inside Texas23's mind a small voice says, "I wonder what kind of reaction I would get if I posted: nah, they just wrestle like girls".

But then I decided that would be too much of a struggle to reconcile the pro-female group and how much they protray the success of females, with the macho "don't say that about my team group.

then the little voice said, "ah, go ahead and overload their circuits, it could be fun!

just kidding fellas, :o

Edited by texas23

What would it take for TSSAA to sponsor female wrestling. Texas does it, and seem to be successful with it. If they don't think their would be enough participation, Mr. Carter can stop by Northwest High any day. I have had enough girls to field two teams ask if we could start a girls' team because the sport interests them (and they don't play basketball) but are afraid of the culture surrounding the "boys" team. If that isn't enough, go down to the Redbank-Soddy Daisy girls match held once a year. Those girls take it seriously, and have fun wrestling.

Better believe they take it seriously. We have been doing this about 7 yrs or so. Some are pretty good, BUT they do not need to wrestle boys. My daughter took taekwondo for 8 years and competed against boys. That is a little different. No grabbing, rubbing, etc., just punching and kicking. She was good and won most of the time until about age 14. She held her own but could not whip the best boys after that. So, she competed in the womens division. I am all for them being able to wrestle. Girls need their own teams, just like in the olympics.

What would it take for TSSAA to sponsor female wrestling.  Texas does it, and seem to be successful with it.  If they don't think their would be enough participation, Mr. Carter can stop by Northwest High any day.  I have had enough girls to field two teams ask if we could start a girls' team because the sport interests them (and they don't play basketball) but are afraid of the culture surrounding the "boys" team.  If that isn't enough, go down to the Redbank-Soddy Daisy girls match held once a year.  Those girls take it seriously, and have fun wrestling.

825499356[/snapback]

gumbi,

Hello, this post is very much like last years post on female wrestlers in

Tennessee. I know of several that are wrestling and more that would wrestle.

Our local highschool coach contacted either the Redbank or the Soddy coach

( sorry I do not remember the coach) to see is we can bring some of the

female wrestlers down to wrestle at the match. We were told that was done to

raise funds and we could not join in the meet. To me thats sad because those

schools could be a major force in getting the female wrestlers their own teams

in Tennessee.

As much as I dislike basketball I belive wrestling should develop like

basketball did. If you field a boys/men team you must field a girls/womans

team. That way the one supports the other and no conflict with the contact

of male and female. Is this costly? yes, Is this possible? yes, Is this good for

wrestling? YES.

At this time wrestling is a struggling sport all across America. Wrestlers

must sell the sport to others to keep it growing and alive. The female

wrestlers are wrestlers they even wrestle at a % bodyfat disavantage to

the male wrestlers. I will start counting the female wrestlers and post the schools

at a later time.

At this time belive these schools have or had female wrestlers

McMinn Central, McMinn Co, Seymore, Morristown area, Cookville,

thanks

Michael Morelan

That is a shame that you couldn't take some girls down to the Soddy-Redbank match. If they put a little effort into it, they could probably field an entire tournament along with their long-standing rivalry match. A girls' tournament would be one heck of a fund raiser. What do you think coaches?

• 1 month later...
girls shouldnt be allowed to wrestle guys...just my opinion, sorry but its not right..and it makes some people mad sometimes..there should always be girls only wrestling teams and tourneys so girls can still wrestle but they are not going against guys...just an idea that would make some people really happy.

825490062[/snapback]

have you seen haley proctor wrestle? she's really tough. I've seen quite a few girls kick some decent wrestlers' butts. There was a girl at cumberland county (i think) a few years back that was extremely tough.

gumbi,

Hello, this post is very  much like last years post on female wrestlers in

Tennessee. I know of several that are wrestling and more that would wrestle.

Our local highschool coach contacted either the Redbank or the Soddy coach

( sorry I do not remember the coach) to see is we can bring some of the

female wrestlers down to wrestle at the match. We were told that was done to

raise funds and we could not join in the meet.  To me thats sad because those

schools could be a major force in getting the female wrestlers their own teams

in Tennessee.

As much as I dislike basketball I belive wrestling should develop like

basketball did. If you field a boys/men team you must field a girls/womans

team. That way the one supports the other and no conflict with the contact

of male and female. Is this costly? yes, Is this possible?  yes, Is this good for

wrestling?  YES.

At this time wrestling is a struggling sport all across America. Wrestlers

must sell the sport to others to keep it growing and alive. The female

wrestlers are wrestlers they even wrestle at a % bodyfat disavantage to

the male wrestlers.  I will start counting the female wrestlers and post the schools

at a later time.

At this time belive these schools have  or had female wrestlers

McMinn Central, McMinn Co, Seymore, Morristown area, Cookville,

thanks

Michael Morelan

825504695[/snapback]

Thanks Mike. you saved me the trouble. I was starting to think I was going to have to defend my little sis, Munchkin. You make a really good point, as always.

Your other son