Maryville at William Blount Fri.

dheat

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McGill and Comapany?

Hope you are not talking about Mark Mcgill. Not to take anything away from Mark, he is a great player, but I do not think he is worthy of that type remark. Again nothing against Mark, he has a great shot and one day could be a wonderful player.

I believe that WB will cliam victory Friday night. I believe that they have a better starting five than Maryville. Maryville's bench might be a little better. Is Koontz starting this year? If not he will be a tremendous 6th man.

McGill and Comapany?

Hope you are not talking about Mark Mcgill. Not to take anything away from Mark, he is a great player, but I do not think he is worthy of that type remark. Again nothing against Mark, he has a great shot and one day could be a wonderful player. 

I believe that WB will cliam victory Friday night. I believe that they have a better starting five than Maryville. Maryville's bench might be a little better. Is Koontz starting this year? If not he will be a tremendous 6th man.

825473048[/snapback]

I hope WB's basketball team is a little better than their football team this year. Either way Maryville wins. I thought that was understood.

I saw Antonio Byner and Ryan Jenkins last night at the West game and the football players start practice today.

Joey Koontz is starting. With AB coming back, the 6th man will be strong whoever it is.

Saxe lit it up last night from outside. As usual Brewer was slashing the paint like there was no tomorrow. He plays harder than anybody out there.

I'm telling you guys, this team is going to surprise a lot of people.

Good luck Rebels!

P.S. Carson-Newman has :

12/8 U. of Alabama-Huntsville @ C-N

12/15 U of South Carolina-Aiken @ C-N

12/17 C-N @ LMU (Harrogate, TN)

12/19 C-N @ Belmont Abbey (Belmont, NC)

Christmas break until 1/5

Edited by Rebelsman

Thanks Rebelsman. I make the trip to watch on the 15th. Friday should be a good game. My comment about Mcgill is this I played againest his father and he was a stud. His son is quicker and has no fear. Rare in a soph. The scary thing is he is a pretty good pitcher as well.

I hope WB's basketball team is a little better than their football team this year.  Either way Maryville wins.  I thought that was understood.

825473096[/snapback]

Somedude,

I'd say you're right. I'm not sure the Gov's even deserve to be on the same floor with Maryville. I hope Coach Baumann can at least convince them to come out Friday night and give it their best effort. That's all you can ask. Blount has really struggled this past week ... just barely getting by Bearden and Farragut. I hope Maryville doesn't demoralize them so bad that they can't recover for the remainder of the season. :lol::lol:

Somedude,

I'd say you're right.  I'm not sure the Gov's even deserve to be on the same floor with Maryville.  I hope Coach Baumann can at least convince them to come out Friday night and give it their best effort.  That's all you can ask.  Blount has really struggled this past week ... just barely getting by Bearden and Farragut.  I hope Maryville doesn't demoralize them so bad that they can't recover for the remainder of the season.  :lol:  :lol:

825474176[/snapback]

Grrrrrrr......Grrrrrrr...........see ya Friday!

Seriously GovMan, tell us about the Gov's. I am anxious to see our local teams. I think Alcoa should be loaded (does Brandon Warren ring a bell?) and I hear Heritage is better.

Edited by Rebelsman

Rebelsman,

See my post entitled "William Blount's for Real" on over in this forum somewhere. David's got them playing pretty decent right now. Eakins is just "in the zone" right now. Maryville will have to know where he (Eakins) and Mark McGill are all the time. They both will heave it up from just about anywhere across half court and they'll hit most of them.

Of course, I know Rodney has some shooters that are just as deadly. And he'll have his footballers back.

Should be a great game ... as should the the girl's contest.

Stop by the table and see me if you get a chance.

Edited by GovMan

Somedude,

I'd say you're right.  I'm not sure the Gov's even deserve to be on the same floor with Maryville.  I hope Coach Baumann can at least convince them to come out Friday night and give it their best effort.  That's all you can ask.  Blount has really struggled this past week ... just barely getting by Bearden and Farragut.  I hope Maryville doesn't demoralize them so bad that they can't recover for the remainder of the season.  :unsure:  ;)

825474176[/snapback]

Finally a county fan who shows a little respect. I comend you on your comments, you seem very down to earth.