Auri Allen on Sportscenter

ballplaya32

Nashville's Auri Allen was the number 10 on Sportscenter's plays of the day... He didn't do anything special, they basically just mentioned him being called Baby Shaq and being a 14 year old, 6-11" 290 lb. Freshman... He is currently playing in LA (as in Los Angeles

He was/is from Nashville and has been getting press (including being in RIPLEY'S BELIEVE IT OR NOT" ever since he was 10 years old. I had heard that he was having problems with schools and discipline... and then had no other choice but to homeschool... Did this play a role in him going to LA, (Los Angeles, not Livingston Academy :D)???

Anyway, here is a story I found on him...Auri Allen...

Any additional info would be greatly appreciated...

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He attended MBA in the 7th grade. There was a Bryan Mullen article about him in The Tennessean dated August, 2002. It appears he is doing well.

By the way if MBA is the athletic factory that people often accuse them of being, how come this guy isn't there any more? Nobody has it answer that. It was a rhetorical question.

I remember about 5 years ago my brother played aau against him when they were about 9 years old. My brother would have been lucky to be 4 foot tall and there he was at 6' 7 or somthing like that. Needless to say he was dominate. He had a hard time getting up and down the court though as he was very overweight at the time. He sat in front of me and my family before the game and ate an entire box of honey buns. He was hungry i guess. :D

I remember about 5 years ago my brother played aau against him when they were about 9 years old.  My brother would have been lucky to be 4 foot tall and there he was at 6' 7 or somthing like that.  Needless to say he was dominate.  He had a hard time getting up and down the court though as he was very overweight at the time.  He sat in front of me and my family before the game and ate an entire box of honey buns.  He was hungry i guess. :)

825472384[/snapback]

:D That was funny I was tring not to laugh but it hurt to hold it in, but seriously wish he would have transferred to CSAS