Franklin vs Clarksville

aolisbad

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

questionable stalling in a variety of matches - not just Bond's match, unnecessary roughness (or whatever it is called in wrestling), etc.

Evidently the official did not have a positive performance at the Kenwood Tourney on Saturday either....  Heard this from a few of the teams that were there.

825474669[/snapback]

I wasn't there at CHS, so can't comment on the Unneccessary roughness (which is the right name in wrestling). Any way to describe what happenned? I'm pretty cynical of secondhand rumors, anyway... I've seen him miss a call or two before, so not defending him, just wondering what went down, since there's a lot of talk about the match last night.

Great dual last night in Clarksville. Coach Jordan had is team ready to go. As far as the officiating I felt like the Ref. made some questionable calls. Very quick with the stalemates which does force the action but in a couple of circumstances called it to quick when top man was about to get into a pinning combination. Blew several takedown calls especially on the edge of the mat. And called a stall on Davis with about 2 seconds left in the match I would have taken it to OT. Davis was just out of gas Hebda 's motor runs constantly, and he was the agressor at the end of the match.

But the officiating woudn't have made any difference in the outcome.

This might be alot closer at State Duals the way Coach Jordan conditions the team.

Hats off to Franklin they have a great team.

As far as the kid who showed his emotions . I know he is young, but I would think the Franklin coaches would not tolerate it, and take some action.

Stalling is stalling anyway you slice it. The rule book is clear that both wrestlers must wrestle aggressively at all times. If no one disputes that davis was stalling, it doesn't matter when it happenned. And it sees that no one argues it. Most agree that he had his head in the mat and thought he was in the lead, so he was truly stalling it out. Therefore, he deserved the loss he was handed. The official didn't give this one away, as the Clarksville kid outhustled Davis for the win. If you don't want to wrestle, try out for basketball! Stalling is killing our sport on a macro-scale, and until officials penalize the infractions appropriately, our sport may continue to struggle. I wasn't there, but if the word on here is true that Davis had his head in the mat, then I applaud the official for a job well done. Regardless of whether you like his calls on other occasions, you have to acknowledge that the kid who deserved to win, won. Any kid laying on the may deserves to be penalized.