Giles Co beat Lewis Co by 8

dudumonaghan

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan
guys...can we just leave this post for talking about the game....instead of personal vendettas

825473603[/snapback]

I didn't delete anything.....it was coacht. You know the OWNER and BOSS of the board.

I will be glad to go back to the oakland thread......just letting bigsilly know what to expect. As long as he leaves my boy alone, we will be fine.

I'm going to ask this question quite a bit and I seriously am not trying to disrespect Tyler Smith's game in any way, shape, or form but how many outside jumpers did the "Bird Man" make tonight???  Dunking the basketball is great for highlights and all, but what happens when Giles County plays a AA team like Bolivar or MLK???  I highly doubt that Tyler will be having a dunfest against those two teams, who I promise you folks will be in Murfreesboro when March rolls around.  Lewis County impressed me when they played Cheatham in last year's regional tourney opener, especially their big man in the post, but they are not a team that will make alot of noise as far as winning a state title is concerned.

825473408[/snapback]

Catfish, instead of asking questions about Tyler's outside game all the time, come and watch a few of his games this season and see for yourself. Tyler's outside game has improved, just accept it and be happy for him. That's 4 Real!!!

Guest catfish-hunter
Catfish, instead of asking questions about Tyler's outside game all the time, come and watch a few of his games this season and see for yourself. Tyler's outside game has improved, just accept it and be happy for him. That's 4 Real!!!

825474480[/snapback]

I have seen Tyler in person and he is an outstanding basketball player who I wish nothing but the best in his future. He has the athleticism and the strength to play in the post against some small forwards in the SEC, but how will his outside game be when teams pack it in and play a zone defense against him. I can promise you that Kentucky, Louisville, Indiana, and Florida don't have guys from Lewis County and Fairview on the basketball teams. Eventually Tyler will meet a guy who is just as big and athletic as himself, guys like Brandon Wright (Brentwood Acad.) and Chism and O. Kemp (Bolivar) come to mind right away. Unless I'm mistaken, Tyler did not exactly abuse Chism in the Sectional this past March. I promise you that I'll see Tyler in person before the 2004-2005 season is over with, so if you'd like I'll even sit next to you so you can criticize my comments about the lack of Tyler's outside game. However, if Tyler struggles then don't ever say that I didn't tell you so.

I have seen Tyler in person and he is an outstanding basketball player who I wish nothing but the best in his future.  He has the athleticism and the strength to play in the post against some small forwards in the SEC, but how will his outside game be when teams pack it in and play a zone defense against him.  I can promise you that Kentucky, Louisville, Indiana, and Florida don't have guys from Lewis County and Fairview on the basketball teams.  Eventually Tyler will meet a guy who is just as big and athletic as himself, guys like Brandon Wright (Brentwood Acad.) and Chism and O. Kemp (Bolivar) come to mind right away.  Unless I'm mistaken, Tyler did not exactly abuse Chism in the Sectional this past March.  I promise you that I'll see Tyler in person before the 2004-2005 season is over with, so if you'd like I'll even sit next to you so you can criticize my comments about the lack of Tyler's outside game.  However, if Tyler struggles then don't ever say that I didn't tell you so.

825474490[/snapback]

All outside shooters struggle every now and then, that is why I said you need to attend a few games. You also mentioned Brandon Wright who is the best defender in the state, Tyler put up 31 against him. I don't care where you sit, but you need to come to the games, then you want have to ask the same tired questions all the time. That's 4 Real!!!