Dotson= Huge night

OT2

To all you nay'sayers out there Matt Dotson had an outstanding night against Brentwood. He finished the night with 29pts 16rebs and 11assists in a win over the Bruins. He really played a complete game dominating the boards and dishing off when he was double teamed. I can really say that Dotson is a total package, not many 6'8" guys can handle the ball and dish it off along with tremendous touch like Dotson.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dotson had a great game from what it sounds like. The games i have seen he really controled the boards, and he always is a threat to score. The assist show how complete of a team this is, you cant just worry about Dotson anymore. They had a few bad games, but Coach Puckett pumped them up im sure. This is a young team with guys learning their roles on the team. They should get it clicking now. I dont know how good brentwood is this year and i didnt get to go to the game, but they always have a pretty good team. Plus it always feels good to beat a rival. Go Dawgs! OUT!!

To all you nay'sayers out there Matt Dotson had an outstanding night against Brentwood.  He finished the night with 29pts 16rebs and 11assists in a win over the Bruins.  He really played a complete game dominating the boards and dishing off when he was double teamed.  I can really say that Dotson is a total package, not many 6'8" guys can handle the ball and dish it off along with tremendous touch like Dotson.

825474028[/snapback]

Well considering Brentwood does not play in the SEC, I dont think him getting a triple double proved anything other than at this point he is a really good high school player. Next season in a UT uniform and he gets a triple double, I think you will have a point.

I think everyone will agree that high school competition vs college comp is a totally different story.

Guest The_Siegel_Senior
To all you nay'sayers out there Matt Dotson had an outstanding night against Brentwood.  He finished the night with 29pts 16rebs and 11assists in a win over the Bruins.  He really played a complete game dominating the boards and dishing off when he was double teamed.  I can really say that Dotson is a total package, not many 6'8" guys can handle the ball and dish it off along with tremendous touch like Dotson.

825474028[/snapback]

that is incredible no matter the level...its harder to get a Triple Double in High school with the 8 minute quarters and such than it is in higher levels of the game...college and NBA...

Siegel[/url]_Senior' date='Dec 8 2004 - 10:12 AM']that is incredible no matter the level...its harder to get a Triple Double in High school with the 8 minute quarters and such than it is in higher levels of the game...college and NBA...

825474208[/snapback]

exactly... great point siegel.. there are just some people who want to be negative about anyone else's good fortunes...

Guest The_Siegel_Senior
exactly...  great point siegel.. there are just some people who want to be negative about anyone else's good fortunes...

825474224[/snapback]

Yes this is true...they need to drink their hater-ade some more i guess...props to that kid though for an incredible performance...

not hating, only responding to the way the post started out. There was a big discussion on if Dotson could play in the SEC at UT..So I think the post started off by " To all the nay sayers..." My point was I dont think a triple double on the high school level proves anything other than he is a GOOD HIGH SCHOOL player like I've previously posted. Obiviously regardless of what level you're on and post a triple double thats great.

Well considering Brentwood does not play in the SEC, I dont think him getting a triple double proved anything other than at this point he is a really good high school player. Next season in a UT uniform and he gets a triple double, I think you will have a point.

I think everyone will agree that high school competition vs college comp is a totally different story.

825474186[/snapback]

Geesh, give me a break. the guy is still in high school. And by the number of assists, is definitely not a glory hog. he could have scored more but was unselfish and gave the ball to his teammates. He signed with an SEC school, it's not like every high school around here can say that. Maybe his team beat your team but don't act so negatively about someone being proud of another players accomplishments.