Greeneville vs Sience Hill

jtrain2005

Well, if Greeneville wins this game, the Green Devils will have to have their best team in last 5 years on the court. And, I have seen those teams, not this one, but... I did see last years team and they are a long way from the 2001-2002 teams of Malone and the Marty Story & Dabs teams of the late 99-2000.

This is the best Hill Topper team in several years. It should not be a close game. I hope Greeneville wins, everyone knows that... but, I doubt it very much.

825483150[/snapback]

You mean Gabe Story don't you? He is assisting with the JV team this year and still looks great. Dabbs is having a standout year at Carson-Newman. The other piece to that winning team was J.B. Blue and he ended up in prison.

While this team doesn't have the likes of Malone or Dabbs, it has 6'5" senior Andrew Shumate and 6'4" sophomore Jonathon Murner. Murner was ranked #15 in the state of Florida his freshman year and is exciting to watch. Tracy Champion has power underneath. Duncan has been getting great effort off the bench fron Deshaud Moore, Brynnan Allen, and B.J. Washington.

This is a working- class team without any star power that can keep chipping away at you if you let them stay close the first half. SH better get off to a big lead if they expect it to hold in the second half.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know about this SH team being the best in 5 years. What about the state finals team with Rob Love, Nick Bradley, Jerome, Bryson, and all the others. They are a lot better than this team now. two years from now though they may make some noise once Omar and Manny are seniors. I even think last years team is as good or better than this years team. You keep up with basketball dont you art? you think they are really the best in 5 years?

Well, if Greeneville wins this game, the Green Devils will have to have their best team in last 5 years on the court. And, I have seen those teams, not this one, but... I did see last years team and they are a long way from the 2001-2002 teams of Malone and the Marty Story & Dabs teams of the late 99-2000.

This is the best Hill Topper team in several years. It should not be a close game. I hope Greeneville wins, everyone knows that... but, I doubt it very much.

825483150[/snapback]

Art, Marty Story was at GreenEville in the mid '80's, not 99-2000. He was at ETSU beginning the Buc's '88-'89. Anyway, I'll take the "Hill" in the heat. Surely the G'Devils have practiced with the heat up to prepare for that inferno they call a gym. ;)

Hopefully the G'Devils will make it a game, unlike your weak team, Art. LOL Smile B)

Looking forward to the rematch in Feb. Maybe Greeneville will be healthy. Tough to play with your big man hobbled with an ankle injury and another senior starter out sick. I think Bailey would have made an impact on the outcome of this game or at least kept it close. Shumate has plenty of time to nurse his ankle over x-mas and get ready for regional play.

Science Hill press worked wonders in the second half, but I can imagine with a starting guard on the bench and our big man hobbled by what they thought was a broken ankle could make a difference with that. Science Hill has a good team but I really think Greeneville can play with them. Holding Science Hill to 44 points means Greeneville did a pretty good job on defense. Game was rough and very physical. I look for these teams to meet a couple more times down the road. How many points did OMAR have last night, he is pretty good! Good luck Science Hill, See you in February!

825483150[/snapback]

Art, I respect your posts, but the best in five years?? Don't think so, although they are a fine team. Good win for SH. Both teams have some injured players so maybe the next match up everyone will be healthy.

What's the deal with Ried for SH?

i fill that science hill is a little overated. Omar and Reed are both great players and they have a little depth but if u can beat their press then u can beat them in the end

825485267[/snapback]

I think THS will be the Toppers only test in conference and regional play this year (especially with Reed due to return soon). With a perfectly executed match-up zone defense that allows little penetration, their size inside, a post player that shots the ball very well in Terrill, and a point guard that skates backwards through the press in Johnson … the Vikings seem like a good fit!! We will soon see!

The Toppers athleticism is simply going to be too much for most teams in this area to match! As we have seen already this year. :rolleyes: