McCallie Vs. Baylor

ghetto meadow

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I read the schedule correctly, it looks like Baylor is wrestling Notre Dame  on Thursday, the night before the McCallie match.

Is that right? Who made up that schedule------  that's a tough ND team that Baylor will go up against the night before its biggest match of the year.  Wonder if  Coach Connell will be in the stands for that one.

Anyone want to hazard any predictrions for how Baylor will handle the lineup against ND in order to prepare for McCallie.  Will it be their regular lineup at their usual weights or will Coach Morgan juggle the ND lineup just to give McCallie something to think about?

825537845[/snapback]

Just simply a warm-up before the big show.

just wondering whos gonna win it this year....

baylors got  - 103 , 112 , 125 , 171 , 215 , 275

McCallie's got - 119 , 130 , 135 , 140 , 145 , 152 , 160 , 189

your thoughts ?

825478823[/snapback]

ok listen what do we know, we know that mcc-bay is always close no matter what, we know that even if a team is havin a bad year it still proforms in a match like this we aslo know thta old Gordon will probably have some tricks coming so we won't know who wrestles at what weights untill the match i see mccallie pullin it out in another close one but i can also see it going to baylor big time if mccallie's moves don't pay off. we never know guess we'll just hafta go and find out

Just simply a warm-up before the big show.

825539132[/snapback]

i wonder what Jim Morgan is thinking because when mccallie wrestled ND we got nathan hughes hurt (i'm pretty sure he'll be back though) and Joe Young wasn't 100%.... ND is a tough team to wrestle and should do well against Baylor can you imagine if one of Baylor's starters gets hurt and cant wrestle tomorrow night...

Jim Morgan and Baylors philosophy is to wrestle the best. The Notre Dame Match is usually held the saturday after the McCallie match. Maybe he thought that Notre Dame would be a tougher opponent than MCCallie. He also does not believe in scheduling matches early in the week at 7:00. He thinks that kids need time to practice as well as study, this may have been the only time for the match

Baylor wins both easily but some close matches

Will the match be in the gym or wrestling arena? 

walkenvol......find any popcorn there yet?

825539399[/snapback]

In the gym with popcorn and the works. Get there early. 2 years back the spectator demand was greater then the seating supply. I'll be looking for you and that coke and popcorn are on me. No wait - your really me so... Soms just has me so confused.

103-Whitticker PIN or Probably Forfeit (Way to go Gordon)

112-Ben Johnson PIN

119-Hussein Beats Wheeler

125-Manson PIN

130-Young Beats Bell

135-Young Beats Doster

140-Goss Majors Murry

145-Waddell beats Cleveland

152-Spitalney beats Smith

160-Vaughn Majors Robinson

171-Russell beats fish

189-Walker PINS Huffaker

215-McCallie PIN