Top wrestlers in Region 8

Rad

where's the love for mustang j-spence, i believe state ranked at 03!  :(

i know, i know roadrunner ronnie, when you try to do something like this, you always leave some wrestling units out and you wouldn't hurt anyones feelings.....

by the way, has roadrunner 75 carl cleared the three century mark yet and when will you unleash him on the left side? (wolves and dragons are quaking)  :D

825482465[/snapback]

The only Quaking going on between Stewart and Carl is in the stands when these two big boys wrestle. :D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will see about that we have at least one kid who I think can get a pin out of Collierville and a few others who are capable of the points wins needed to put us into the double digits (and no I will not say who or how high into double digits because that speculation is useless, I would rather let the boys prove it, and I haven't seen Collierville this year and really don't know who they will match up against who).  I also feel the same about Bolton versus Collierville.  I think the Bolton / SBA dual will be great and pretty close but I am not going to talk about it and let our boys do their talking tomorrow night.

Thanks for the confidence Coach Bray!  And our dual with the Blue and Orange is not until Jan 27 so I don't think he is buttering us up yet Jim!!

825485907[/snapback]

g-man, roadrunner ronnie is always politically correct, as are you...... :lol:

your match with the wildcat will be good but, and please forgive me, but....i stand by my original premise......only double digits if the grand dragon wizard shows mercy in the other two duals..... :)

as far as wildcat v. dragon being good, the wildcat have only a couple of guys who can score points and depending on the matchups, i even question the wildcat state placer as one of them. ;)

Edited by usfjim

g-man, roadrunner ronnie is always politically correct, as are you......  :)

your match with the wildcat will be good but, and please forgive me, but....i stand by my original premise......only double digits if the grand dragon wizard shows mercy in the other two duals..... :)

as far as wildcat v. dragon being good, the wildcat have only a couple of guys who can score points and depending on the matchups, i even question the wildcat state placer as one of them.  :)

825486825[/snapback]

Jim you are right about Ronnie, it is hard to believe for many but he would have made a great politician :lol: . We know you are not always so political in your posts but why would you be? I don't think any of us would like it as much if you were anyway!

As far as outcomes with the Dragons I too believe that a lot of it will come down to the matchups for both the Eagles and the Wildcats. I too would like to see how the Wildcat state placer would fair agianst the opponent I believe we are both envisioning but alas I will not get to see but I wil definitely get some second hand comments and maybe some video!

Edited by WrestleSBA

I too would like to see how the Wildcat state placer would fair agianst the opponent I believe we are both envisioning but alas I will not get to see but I wil definitely get some second hand comments and maybe some video!

825487291[/snapback]

you know, that's the thing you gotta love about the guy, he will wrestle anybody around his weight anytime, because he knows it's just gonna make him better.........but sometimes, as they say, if you mess with the bull, you can get the horn (see "other" son match with him from last week). :)

g-man, roadrunner ronnie is always politically correct, as are you...... 

What fun is being politically correct all the time, right Jim? Are you going out to Bradley this weekend? I called Junior this morning, but he tells me he has to work. I'm heading out with enfuego at 10 am (if I can remember what it's like to wake up that early).

By the way, can you even say that on here? I'm both shocked and appauled.

has the grand dragon taught you his favorite move........no i don't mean the chicken wing, i'm talking about the booty drag............. 
Edited by best_of_the_west

It is my belief that this will be one of the best years in region 8 history. Right now we have 14 wrestlers ranked by Matman, with 2 #1s (Johnson and Barnett). Last year we had only 7 wrestlers place at state with no champions. In 2003 we had 6 placers with 1 champion. In 2002, there were 10 placers, but no champions. In 2001, it was 9 placers and 1 champion. From 1998-2000, there were no state champions from region 8. This season could produce more placers and more champions from this region than any season since the TSSAA started posting their records. Maybe Delgado or some other old school guy knows of a more successful season, but I sure don't. Our region has been talking about breaking through for years, and the coaches and boosters have been working hard to develop the talent and increase the excitement from Memphis. We have no excuse this year. We have more talent than ever before, but we have to go out and execute on the mat and perform at state. I honestly believe that this is the year region 8 can take a huge step toward gaining state-wide respect. It's time to do it.

Edited by best_of_the_west

was it double digits in the second or did the grand dragon call off the heat?

who won for the wildcat, i'd guess wildcat josh at 71 or 89.  :lol:

825488281[/snapback]

Well..TJ Hannah won against Cullen, and then TJ lost against SBA. We ran most of the guns on Bolton, but pulled back ALOT against SBA. Put in alot of our JV, just to get them some mat time. SBA also forfeitted against D. Hunt and Cullen.

Well..TJ Hannah won against Cullen, and then TJ lost against SBA. We ran most of the guns on Bolton, but pulled back ALOT against SBA. Put in alot of our JV, just to get them some mat time. SBA also forfeitted against D. Hunt and Cullen.

825488543[/snapback]

good for wildcat tj. i knew he beat dragon ryan at the roadrunner prelim but didn't think they would cross paths again, thought dragons shawn or david might get him.

sounds like i lost my double digit win guess........ :lol:

good for wildcat tj. i knew he beat dragon ryan at the roadrunner prelim but didn't think they would cross paths again, thought dragons shawn or david might get him.

sounds like i lost my double digit win guess........ :lol:

825488556[/snapback]

Hah..It was actually a pretty close match going into the 3rd...But TJ sealed the win with 1 extra Takedown..we thaught Cullen had it when he put him in a spladel, but it was to the wrong side, and being like any good wrestler, TJ got out of it and got the 2 TD. Pretty good match!