Brandon Wright

mr.giggliefly33

Here is my argument about going to college Basketball is my favorite sport hands down but I hate the fact that the NFL has a better quality product than the nba, and this is because NBA players are learning on the job whereas nfl players have been schooled for three years before being thrown in the fire, The money in the NBA is great but look at the quality of the nba, Think about this the nba has been better the past two years because all of the high school players, such as Reshard Lewis, Zach Randolph have just learned the game and are now getting to play

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my argument about going to college Basketball is my favorite sport hands down but I hate the fact that the NFL has a better quality product than the nba, and this is because NBA players are learning on the job whereas nfl players have been schooled for three years before being thrown in the fire, The money in the NBA is great but look at the quality of the nba, Think about this the nba has been better the past two years because all of the high school players, such as Reshard Lewis, Zach Randolph have just learned the game and are now getting to play

825485834[/snapback]

Come on guys! Are you serious?? I don't hear anyone saying that baseball, tennis, hockey or any other sport that allows men, and that is what you are when you turn 18 years old, should ban players that have not gone to college for some period of time. You can go to foreign lands to fight a war at 18 and loose your life, choose to be a garbage collector (without an education) at 18, or choose any other profession you want to. This is a no-brainer! The NBA is no worse because of guys going straight out of high school. If they are drafted, someone thinks they have the potential. Is this any different than graduating from college with a degree and going on interviews for a job and some company hires you, (more than likely you don't have any hands on experience) because they think you have the potential? I think not. He has tons of potential, if he didn't I doubt very seriously that we would even be having this conversation. Dare I say that many people do not like it that so many high schoolers are jumping to the NBA because of the color of their skin? I don't hear the same comments about kids going straight to the armed forces or the countless number of drop outs before they even finish high school. Where is all of the concern then? Why does it seem that it is a major event when a pretty good kid who loves the GAME and has been blessed to play a GAME and make millions chooses to take that route at 18 years of age. Think about it.

yes, those are good players who made the transition... but...

but what about Leon Smith and Korleone Young?? they were drafted between 1995-2000. and they were gone within a year... and what about, Taj McDavid and Ellis Richardson? they werent even drafted.

now im not sayin that brandon wright wont make it (which i think he will have a phenominal(sp?) career), im just stating that i think its better (for all high schoolers) to go to college for at least 2 years before they make the transition to the NBA.

825485212[/snapback]

Smith and Young weren't good enough, but they thought they were. Young was a 6-6 PF, which doesn't really work for the NBA. Smith was just a 6-10 230 athlete, nothing else. He was a prospect for his potential, but he was nowhere near ready to go to the NBA. I heard he was subpar fundamentally compared to most high school players.

Wright, on the other hand, has impeccable fundamentals from what I saw Monday. He isn't going to be undersized at any position. Needs more bulk, but he can take PF/C's away from the basket and take SF's down low.

Siegel[/url]_Senior' date='Dec 15 2004 - 08:19 AM']...why go to college? What if the first game of his NBA career he has a career ending injury (knocks on wood)...then he will have to go back to college anyways in order to survive...unless he plans to live the rest of his life on his signing bonus...he would get his degree and get it out of the way...and still be in the NBA by the time he is 22 or 23...and he would have something to fall back on...thats why he should go to college...and i do think he could go right out of high school by the way...

825485217[/snapback]

If he gets injured his first pro game, he still has three years of guaranteed money, at something from $6 to $10 million, depending where exactly he is drafted. That would let him attend school, or he could pretty well do whatever he wanted the rest of his life anyway.

If he was to get injured his first college game, on the other hand, he'll never make that money.

Of course, there's not that many career-ending injuries anymore. Almost anything short of a broken neck, you're just out a season or two.

Smith and Young weren't good enough, but they thought they were.  Young was a 6-6 PF, which doesn't really work for the NBA.  Smith was just a 6-10 230 athlete, nothing else.  He was a prospect for his potential, but he was nowhere near ready to go to the NBA.  I heard he was subpar fundamentally compared to most high school players.

Wright, on the other hand, has impeccable fundamentals from what I saw Monday.  He isn't going to be undersized at any position.  Needs more bulk, but he can take PF/C's away from the basket and take SF's down low.

825486009[/snapback]

yea, i just thought that i would put that out there about the players who havent made it....

but i do agree that mr.wright is gonna be a good one (not that he isnt now)

Guest The_Siegel_Senior

they should do like the nfl does...two years and then you can go...I mean it would have been awesome to see LeBron and Carmelo battle in college in March...and then Amare' would be floating around dunking on people with ease...just think that kids, because thats what they are, arent ready to be playing with men...And then how about the young men who go through college and bust it and then they get selected after some high school kid...cant do much for his confidence...

Siegel[/url]_Senior' date='Dec 15 2004 - 09:59 PM']they should do like the nfl does...two years and then you can go...I mean it would have been awesome to see LeBron and Carmelo battle in college in March...and then Amare' would be floating around dunking on people with ease...just think that kids, because thats what they are, arent ready to be playing with men...And then how about the young men who go through college and bust it and then they get selected after some high school kid...cant do much for his confidence...

825486512[/snapback]

yes, i agree... 2 years, minimum, but that will never happen....

Guest The_Siegel_Senior
Take Lebron, he is having a great year. Every morning he has a play on the Sportcenter Top Ten.

825486566[/snapback]

Imagine what he would do in college if he is doing that with the best of the best...

Guest The_Siegel_Senior
I know the education is the best thing for him. I agree that he should go to college. With him now thaugh, he is on track to being the best ever.

825486586[/snapback]

The best thing ever...he could be...as long as he doesnt think people giving him clothes from a store is ok...James that is...not Wright...I mean free clothes, come on LeBron...and how did he get the Hummer living where he did? That Hummer cost more than the entire project estate...