Brandon Wright

mr.giggliefly33

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all seriousness, he is ranked #3 in the nation and he is averaging 19 pts. a game. I don't think that will quiet be enough to get him to the NBA. I love watching Brandon play, but I don't think the NBA has a huge demand for a 6'9", 190 lbs. power forward that averages 19 pts. per game. Look at the top 3 players this year and tell me if you see any major differences in the stats of them vs. the top 3 players of '06. Granted, Wright has a one whole year and the rest of this season to convince the naysayers...and make the amazing jump.

Edited by GCfan79

In all seriousness, he is ranked #3 in the nation and he is averaging 19 pts. a game.  I don't think that will quiet be enough to get him to the NBA.  I love watching Brandon play, but I don't think the NBA has a huge demand for a 6'9", 190 lbs. power forward that averages 19 pts. per game.  Look at the top 3 players this year and tell me if you see any major differences in the stats of them vs. the top 3 players of '06.  Granted, Wright has a one whole year and the rest of this season to convince the naysayers...and make the amazing jump.

825481553[/snapback]

I have this sneaking suspicion that Wright could average 30 if BA wanted him to.

I have this sneaking suspicion that Wright could average 30 if BA wanted him to.

825481562[/snapback]

That is a good assessment. BA has a very balanced scoring attack. Brandan

doesn't have to provide all the offense. He also plays excellent defense

and rebounds extremely well.

Also, many of the recruiting services actually have him listed at #2 behind

the 7 footer Oden (sp?) from Laurence North. I don't think Brandan is ready

for the NBA but in another year and a half who knows.

Also, many of the recruiting services actually have him listed at #2 behind

the 7 footer Oden (sp?) from Laurence North.  I don't think Brandan is ready

for the NBA but in another year and a half who knows.

825481735[/snapback]

Greg Oden is good, i watched his team play the other night on ESPN. he makes the players around him better... hes not very aggressive though.

i wish that brandon wright would go to louisville for college and then go to the NBA. it is all part of growing up, and plus he would gain maturity that he needs for the big leagues....

It is interesting to see how everyone seems to know what the "right" thing for Brandon is. You got people who support, people who hate, and people who wish. Let the young man just play. It is really funny because the people saying he is not ready or not good enough have opposite thought than every major college coach hoping he will stay or NBA scouts. And will be the same people paying to see him play.