McCallie Inv. teams entered

karelin

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rigger1O1

First of all I know this has absolutely nothing to do with this thread, like most of my posts, however it has come to my attention that I have been frequently misspelling the word "collage". I now understand why I have been getting such a hard time. I have now found that is actually spelled with only one L--colage.

Also, in regards to the weight certification problems. I have strong belief that if there were to be a state tournament held for freshmen wrestling in a weight class 10 pounds heavier than what they weigh and have won 50% of their matches...I think I know a couple kids who have a great shot at winning it.

Finally, in regards to the problems I think we are having with mat time, I would like to state that I really dont think it's bad for the wrestlers, mostly just the fact that I like to watch the little kids.

You guys are in for treat.  Walton is stacked.....140 Carl Waller,145 Andy Olson, 152 Hoffman, 171 Garret Watts....are the studs.  Their 275 is very good too. McEachern....has Prater at 119....very tough. 

Sequoya with the Banks brothers on at 119 (5A state champion) and the other at 140....152 was 5A runner up at 145 to Nick Lukacs last year.

I wish we were coming.

825482729[/snapback]

At 119 this weekend, we have Dunning, Prater, Goins, Banks, and Hussein. How will these kids be seeded and who will be the final four or two or one...

walkenvol......Just at a glance 160 looks tough. Fiacco, Hebda, Davis, Mayo, Vaughn and Roberson.

I'm not sure I understand how the seedings work though. Fiacco a defending 5A state champion, Fargo runner up and nationally ranked wrestler having to wrestle into the #1 seed?

Again, I'm not complain or knocking it, but I don't understand it. I would think he would be the clear #1 seed and the bracket formatted like 145 where Cody Cleveland is #1 seed and his opponent has the wrestle in.

I thought that normally the 16 man bracket is built and the seeds are placed depending on whoever is deserving of a seed. Everyone else is put into a hat and drawn out to fill up the 16 man bracket. If there are still a few more, then you put 1 to 16 in a hat and draw each of the extra's a number to determine who they face in an out bracket. This would work for your example.

I thought 35 and 45 looked interesting.