Alcoa beats Maryville, gonna happen a lot

tunit07

[quote=p9morbid,Dec 19 2004 - 04:30 AM]

let's not kid ourselves, Maryville isn't a basketball powerhouse.

825490017[/snapback]

and never has been. The basketball at Maryville under Rodney Nelson has been much improved. A few great players such as Humphrey - Feather - Gaskin - and Tipton have been paramount in the rise of Rebel basketball but there is absolutely no history of state tournaments or state championships for the Rebels to fall back on. Alcoa, on the other hand, has a long history of championship experience and great coaches such as Vernon Osborne and David Marsh that lead them.

No surprise that Alcoa beats Maryville in basketball. At least under the coaching of Rodney Nelson we now beat Alcoa with some consistency.

I agree with your post. I know Maryville not making the state tourney in the Humphrey years was dissapointing. But! Maryville basketball is 10 times better than it was when I was in school. I will never forget Maryville going 2-25 my junior year. Maryville was losing to teams like Midway,Rockwood,Kingston and Harriman. Holston and Rule used to beat Maryville by 50-60 points. Maryville was 5-22 my senior year. Now Maryville beats teams like Farragut and Bearden. In my years at Maryville those schools would have embarrased Maryville.

Maryville basketball is solid right now. Maryville will always put football 1st. All the best athletes will always play football. Overall I think Rodney Nelson does one heck of a job.

Over that last several years Maryville has beaten Alcoa a lot more than Alcoa has beaten Maryvile. Maryville swept Alcoa in 2000,2002 and 2003. In every game Humphrey played vs Alcoa Maryville won. Alcoa beat Maryville once in 2001 but Humphrey was sick and sit out that game.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like somebody is a sore winner.... dude ya won congratulations... there is no need to go and dis other schools

825490596[/snapback]

Look Tigerbball42, just shutup and go somewhere. Not like you can say that much about us when your school got whooped by Alcoa this year in football. You can't play with us. End of story. I'm not trying to trash talk, I'm just saying the facts.

The Marsh Pit was really weak. I think that you could sum all 9 of them up in the words of Shakespeare: "full of sound and fury...signifying nothing."

They didn't make any noise until the game was decided and played no role in the outcome.

825491059[/snapback]

Oh shutup. C'mon at least the marsh pit made some noise. There weren't many of us there so Maryville should have been louder than us. And your trying to say were pathetic when thew Maryville side had three(3) times as many students.

Oh shutup.  C'mon at least the marsh pit made some noise.  There weren't many of us there so Maryville should have been louder than us.  And your trying to say were pathetic when thew Maryville side had three(3) times as many students.

825491226[/snapback]

I'm saying you're pathetic BECAUSE the Maryville side had three times as many students. It's a home game, you should represent if you want to talk about how great your section is. If the visiting team has three times as many fans, then you should shut up about it and accept it. I'm sure that it sounded good from where you were standing, but from across the court it wasn't loud at all.

You won the game though, that's all that matters.

Oh shutup.  C'mon at least the marsh pit made some noise.  There weren't many of us there so Maryville should have been louder than us.  And your trying to say were pathetic when thew Maryville side had three(3) times as many students.

825491226[/snapback]

You guys give yourselves too much credit for the outcome of your ball games. To yell obscenities and insults at the opponents is a sign of immaturity and disrespect. It certainly doesn't impress me.

Well, if u consider the fact that most people from Alcoa didn't know that the game had been moved up.  A lot of the students from Alcoa are visiting family.  Anyways Maryville had three(3) times the number of students there.  And you call us pathetic.  You could here us a lot more than the pathetic maryville fans.  I think our chants were pretty good actually.  How many chants did maryville have?  Actually I don't think they had any.  We're just trying to show school spirit but I guess maryville can't take getting beat.  And I wouldn't be bagging on Brandon and Duck for having a bad game.  I don't see you out there playing.  It was just an off night.  And they both actually had a few good plays.

825490543[/snapback]

I didnt think it was possible for someone to be a bigger loser than the whole Marsh Pit all together, but I think you take the cake tunit. You are acting like Alcoa won the state tournament or something you're killin me. So, how many times are you going to tell us the Maryville fans had 3 times as many students?? It is getting old man. I'll say what I want about your boys Brandon and Duck, they played like garbage. Who gives a crap about chants??? YOu sound like a cheerleader haha. Just let it go man, you won the game, just get over it. You arent better than Maryville and you know it, you will never be. I dont see you out on the court playing either, but instead you decide to be involved in the "Loser Pit." Get a life dude, I know just because yall finally beat Maryville you dont have to wet your pants about it.

I didnt think it was possible for someone to be a bigger loser than the whole Marsh Pit all together, but I think you take the cake tunit.  You are acting like Alcoa won the state tournament or something you're killin me.  So, how many times are you going to tell us the Maryville fans had 3 times as many students?? It is getting old man.  I'll say what I want about your boys Brandon and Duck, they played like garbage.  Who gives a crap about chants??? YOu sound like a cheerleader haha.  Just let it go man, you won the game, just get over it.  You arent better than Maryville and you know it, you will never be.  I dont see you out on the court playing either, but instead you decide to be involved in the "Loser Pit."  Get a life dude, I know just because yall finally beat Maryville you dont have to wet your pants about it.

825491475[/snapback]

I'm telling ya'll that you had three(3) times more people because you should have been louder than we were. And who died and made you king. We're going to keep beating in either basketball, baseball, or football. It's gonna happen. And I wouldn't be calling the Marsh pit a bunch of losers when you'll should have been a lot louder than us.