Obion County Baseball?

Purple & Gold Standard

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know anything about Union City this year but they always have a good team. South Fulton isnt looking to bad either. There pitching isnt looking to bad and should have some players to step up and take charge. OCCHS always has a decent team. If i remember correctly they lost quite a few seniors last year and will be inexperienced in some positions but i think they'll make it and have a good year.

Dont know anything about Union City this year but they always have a good team. South Fulton isnt looking to bad either. There pitching isnt looking to bad and should have some players to step up and take charge. OCCHS always has a decent team. If i remember correctly they lost quite a few seniors last year and will be inexperienced in some positions but i think they'll make it and have a good year.

825580990[/snapback]

Hey DadofReb....as a starter on the 29-1 team of 1981, tell those underclassmen I know what it means for the underclassmen to step up. Wish them luck from an "old" alumni who follows the Rebels every year. GO REBELS!!!!

Don't know how good Union City will be, but they have a new coach: David Barker. He's young and energetic, has a fine knowledge of the game and has taken an interest in the community and the program. He's offered his assistance in improving the baseball facilities, which will also play host to a college wooden bat league team in the summer. Those intangibles should be worth a few wins in close games. ... Of course, talent helps. :lol:

Anyway, getting slightly off-topic, everyone who has a chance should go watch games at all three county facilities this year. Each one has gone through some sort of upgrade, from lights at SF to landscaping at Obion Central to major renovations at UC, the atmosphere at each place will be worth the visit. The baseball ought to be pretty darn good, too.

Don't know how good Union City will be, but they have a new coach: David Barker. He's young and energetic, has a fine knowledge of the game and has taken an interest in the community and the program. He's offered his assistance in improving the baseball facilities, which will also play host to a college wooden bat league team in the summer. Those intangibles should be worth a few wins in close games. ... Of course, talent helps. :D

Anyway, getting slightly off-topic, everyone who has a chance should go watch games at all three county facilities this year. Each one has gone through some sort of upgrade, from lights at SF to landscaping at Obion Central to major renovations at UC, the atmosphere at each place will be worth the visit. The baseball ought to be pretty darn good, too.

825588504[/snapback]

I can give witness to Barker's involvement in the work on the field...as we along with a few others and the players spent 4 hours working on the field today. I've got the sunburn to prove it. :blink:

Field and stadium at UC is coming along well. Should be complete before the Tornadoes first home game.

I think District 13AA is going to be a very competitve. Any team can beat another on any given day,its going to be interesting ro see how this turns out.

We will get a preview in 2 weeks when Central,Dyer Co,and Gibson Co will play each other in the Aaron Schuh tournament in Ripley in a couple weeks.

Obion County has started the season off 0-4, and been outscored 32-6 in the 4 games, poor infield defense and lack of hitting, I dont see a win in the near future for the Rebs, wish some of the younger boys could get some oppurtunities to see if they can help, I think the lack of an aggressive jv schedule is showing in the starters most of them are just now getting playing time after watching for three years and only having anywhere from 4-6 jv games a year just not enough time on the field .

Obion County has started the season off 0-4, and been outscored 32-6 in the 4 games, poor infield defense and lack of hitting, I dont see a win in the near future for the Rebs, wish some of the younger boys could get some oppurtunities to see if they can help, I think the lack of an aggressive jv schedule is showing in the starters most of them are just now getting playing time after watching for three years and only having anywhere from 4-6 jv games a year just not enough time on the field .

825621499[/snapback]

Who have the Rebels played thus far??...They were doing pretty good in scrimmages weren't they??