Cauliflower ear

ijtx

I got cauliflower ear this season, but i never wore my headgear.  I got by with it for several years, but cauli is often caused by one severe blow(in my case a knee).  I doctor can drain the ear, but it is often more troulble than its worth.  Ive had mine drained 3 times and it has come back in some form, but usually smaller.  The last time a had it drained they stiched a cotton roll through my ear so that the cauli couldn't re-expand, but it did slightly.  If you leave the ear alone it will eventually become hard and be a permanent thing.  Its really up the wrestler if he wants to get it fixed or not.  The ear is very painful, but having your ear drained and stiched through isn't much better.  Make sure the head gear is tight and won't slid, and that should prevent further damage.

825491246[/snapback]

felto... sorry buddy but u got nothin on my ears... can i dare say i have the best ears in the region??

Edited by iwillpicku

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We went to a camp last summer and their were some college guys there that just had insane ears. Ears are almost a symbol of a wreslter's sacrifice. Ive played most major sports and wrestling requires the most sacrifice. The fact that you don't care what a sport does to your body and you still compete shows how dedicated most of these guys are.

We went to a camp last summer and their were some college guys there that just had insane ears.  Ears are almost a symbol of a wreslter's sacrifice.  Ive played most major sports and wrestling requires the most sacrifice.  The fact that you don't care what a sport does to your body and you still compete shows how dedicated most of these guys are.

825491801[/snapback]

good post... i agree...