McDonald All-American

lchsbaseball

Williams and Mercer play for South Gwinnett...both should be All-Americans

Monta Ellis plays for Lanier High School in Jackson, MS...definately an All-American

Richard Hendrix plays for Athens, AL

Jamont Gordon plays for Oak Hill...should be an All-American...truly a stand out player on a down Oak Hill team

Tyler Hansbrough...Poplar Bluff...

J.P. Prince...Memphis White Station....

I don't know what the selection process consist of for players to get into this prestigous game, but it should be fun to watch.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The_Siegel_Senior
sounds like they should just keep the game in Memphis or somewhere down here in the South forget NYC

825492836[/snapback]

I think they should play it at Siegel...and let them experience the Nation...

J.P. Prince has a very good shot.  I believe Rivals rates him as the #15 player in the nation.  He's Arizona's top commitment so far.

825492529[/snapback]

J.P. is ranked 23 and Jamont is ranked 15th by Unapproved Website

Gomab Monta Ellis may have dropped 40+ on Jamont and Oak Hill but dont leave out the most important thing...his team lost.

Of course his team lost, but he took Oak Hill down to the wire!!! Monte dropped 48, though he was even doubled at times...

Oak Hill has 6 or 7 High Major D-1 players minimum, plus 4 or 5 other D-1 guys... Jackson Lanier has no for-sure D-1 guys outside of Monte... So why would you even expect Lanier to be in the game, more or less win???

Many sites are now saying Monte could be the best in the country after watching his amazing performances this winter...

I don't care who is #1 and who is #2... The two best players in the country this year are Monte and Louis... Both are simply PHENOMENAL!!!!!!!!! (and only the Insisershoops.com had them #1 and 2 before the HS season started...)

Ellis is a nice player, but to say he is one of the two best players in the country is a bit of a stretch.

I've seen him play this season, and he can score, but if you are taking 35 shots a game, you should be able to score 30-40 points.

He'll likely declare for the draft and go mid-to-late in the first round, and never step foot in Starkville.

Frame wise he compares very well to Reginald Delk, who I think is the top senior in Tennessee. With both Delks you say players that have the potential to get much better. Same as J.P. Prince, he's probably the No. 2 senior in Tennessee. I'd put Xavier Webb at No. 3 and Richard Delk at No. 4.

Webb may have the most potential of any player in Tennessee. He is very athletic, tall and can shoot from outside. He needs to improve his ballhandling and get thicker, and if he keeps the grades up and doesn't get hurt, he'll go in the first round of the NBA draft.

I think that with both the Delks and Webb, you have three players that are going to stay in school until at least their junior year, and likely their senior years.

Prince is another player that will stay in school for at least a couple of years and is another player that will improve in college.

Tyler Smith and Jamont Gordon are both players that have hit a plateau. I've seen them both play in high school and on the AAU circuit and I really didn't see any improvement from sophomore to junior year and this past summer. If Buzz is counting on them to really make a difference in the SEC, then he'll be looking for a job in a couple of years.

The three best juniors in Tennessee are Thad Young, Brandan Wright and Willie Kemp.

Young and Wright are players that are potential lottery picks out of high school and are at best two-year college players.

Kemp is best off the dribble, he can create a shot as well as any point guard in the country. He isn't a great shooter standing still, but that is an area he can improve on in college. Kemp is another future pro.

Wayne Chism is a level below those three. Grades are a concern, but players with worse academics have still gotten eligible and Chism is another player that can improve in college. Chism is just fun to watch play in the post, he works as well in tight space as any 4 player in the country and that includes Hansbrough.

Pierre Niles is a player that has hit a plateau. He isn't tall enough to be a 4 and isn't good enough on the wing to be a 3.

Young, Wright and Kemp could all be McDonald's All-American's next season.

Because of the hype around Smith and Gordon, both will probably end up as McDonald's All-American's. Prince or Reg Delk could also slide in, it depends on what the other players do.

Ellis is a nice player, but to say he is one of the two best players in the country is a bit of a stretch.

I've seen him play this season, and he can score, but if you are taking 35 shots a game, you should be able to score 30-40 points.

He'll likely declare for the draft and go mid-to-late in the first round, and never step foot in Starkville.

Frame wise he compares very well to Reginald Delk, who I think is the top senior in Tennessee. With both Delks you say players that have the potential to get much better. Same as J.P. Prince, he's probably the No. 2 senior in Tennessee. I'd put Xavier Webb at No. 3 and Richard Delk at No. 4.

Webb may have the most potential of any player in Tennessee. He is very athletic, tall and can shoot from outside. He needs to improve his ballhandling and get thicker, and if he keeps the grades up and doesn't get hurt, he'll go in the first round of the NBA draft.

I think that with both the Delks and Webb, you have three players that are going to stay in school until at least their junior year, and likely their senior years.

Prince is another player that will stay in school for at least a couple of years and is another player that will improve in college.

Tyler Smith and Jamont Gordon are both players that have hit a plateau. I've seen them both play in high school and on the AAU circuit and I really didn't see any improvement from sophomore to junior year and this past summer. If Buzz is counting on them to really make a difference in the SEC, then he'll be looking for a job in a couple of years.

The three best juniors in Tennessee are Thad Young, Brandan Wright and Willie Kemp.

Young and Wright are players that are potential lottery picks out of high school and are at best two-year college players.

Kemp is best off the dribble, he can create a shot as well as any point guard in the country. He isn't a great shooter standing still, but that is an area he can improve on in college. Kemp is another future pro.

Wayne Chism is a level below those three. Grades are a concern, but players with worse academics have still gotten eligible and Chism is another player that can improve in college. Chism is just fun to watch play in the post, he works as well in tight space as any 4 player in the country and that includes Hansbrough.

Pierre Niles is a player that has hit a plateau. He isn't tall enough to be a 4 and isn't good enough on the wing to be a 3.

Young, Wright and Kemp could all be McDonald's All-American's next season.

Because of the hype around Smith and Gordon, both will probably end up as McDonald's All-American's. Prince or Reg Delk could also slide in, it depends on what the other players do.

825494129[/snapback]

LOL... w/out a doubt the worst post I have ever seen on these boards... Tyler and Jamont have hit a "plateau?" I'm doubting u've seen either play this year due to the fact that tyler is the best in tennessee now... He has improved DRAMATICALLY!! And, well, Jamont plays for oak hill.... And the last I saw he was leading them in steals, rebounds and points... Do yourself a favor and don't become a talent scout! You'd never be able to find anyone...

MAS...you beat me to it. I thought Lee Corso only knew football...wait a minute....he does only know football. Ellis is not one of the two best players in the country...you have got to be kidding me. Evidently you aren't the one that ranks these players in the USA today polls or Unapproved Website. You should try visiting those sites before you get on here with all of that stupidity...just a suggestion. As far as Tyler and Jamont are concerned...I don't quite think that have hit their peak. Granted, both players have certain characteristics that make us wonder what they are thinking at times....they are very talented HIGH SCHOOL KIDS. Not to mention...both have a tremendous upside...that has not been seen.

Actually, I thought it was a great post by Corso...  He took a great angle on a kid like Xavier Webb, who few others talk about, among other things...

825495741[/snapback]

You have it out in the open that Jamont would be number one if he was still in tennessee... And say u are impressed w/ tyler's play over the summer... And you are yet to see just how good he has gotten, and say that it was a great post when someone says that both of them have hit a wall and will not improve any farther... If I had the "want to" to go back the past few years to see how many times you contradict yourself there would be a ridiculously extensive list... For you to agree w/ a post w/ those two comments about jamont and tyler makes you as "without" as the guy posting it..