Lady Cyclones

Mrs.B

Starman, Corner, and Mrs.B thank you all for the kind words. I will certainly miss my students, fellow coaches, players, faculty and staff, family, and friends in the community. I just completed a week of training in Nashville and am really excited about this wonderful opportunity that God has provided for me and my family. We will be leaving February 18th, but I will be able to coach the remainder of the regular season. Mrs. B, I hope Katrina continues to improve and we will continue praying for her recovery. Corner, I have full faith and confidence that you will continue to be a driving force in the success of the Lady Cyclones and I will keep Marti's rehabilitation in my prayers. Starman, you have a fine son and I know he will continue making you proud. Thanks to you all. Coachh17.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ms. B,

The only statistics I have are the ones in the paper. Rikki (14.8 points, 8.1 rebounds, 82.2 percent free throws), Valnessha (3.2 assists, 2.6 steals), Michaela (6.2 rebounds), Cameron (22 3-pointers made for 1 per game) and Victoria (2.9 assists, 2.5 steals).

The team doesn't have official statistics (off of game film), but two people keep them during the games and one of them has individual season totals. But I haven't seen those sheets in a few weeks.

WriteStuff - Thanks -Every little piece of information makes me feel like I know a little bit about what is going on.

Katrina is learning how to handle formula in her stomach. Up until Friday they were giving it straight to her intestines. Now the stomach must learn the empty/full feelings without spitting up too much nourishment. That seems to be going well - most of the time. She is being weaned off of the only medication we can't take home with us - probably another week on that. She is on very minimal settings on her ventilator. She has continuous pressure to help keep her lungs open and some occasional back-up pressure. The back-up pressure will probably be gone within a week. The ventilator is now attached to her trach tube so we get to see her smile and interact more. It is great! We have come a long way in 2.5 months. <_<

CC - I know you're out there :P

Ms. B,

The only statistics I have are the ones in the paper. Rikki (14.8 points, 8.1 rebounds, 82.2 percent free throws), Valnessha (3.2 assists, 2.6 steals), Michaela (6.2 rebounds), Cameron (22 3-pointers made for 1 per game) and Victoria (2.9 assists, 2.5 steals).

The team doesn't have official statistics (off of game film), but two people keep them during the games and one of them has individual season totals. But I haven't seen those sheets in a few weeks.

825544020[/snapback]

....and Mrs.B, the most important statistic....well, it's more an intangible than a statistic; but these gals have a way of rising to any occasion. I've only seen about eight or nine of their games; but they have always been up to the task....

and the best is yet to come, don'tchya think? :(

....and Mrs.B, the most important statistic....well, it's more an intangible than a statistic; but these gals have a way of rising to any occasion.  I've only seen about eight or nine of their games; but they have always been up to the task....

and the best is yet to come, don'tchya think?  :lol:

825544545[/snapback]

You making the trip to Cosby?

Should be a fun one, too bad I won't be there

thumb

I would like to add a few comments here.These Lady Cyclones are very tuff!

They completely dominated a good Happy Valley Lady Warrior team. These young ladies are super! See you in the MURF! If only our poor boys could play a 4th qtr for once! It was obvious that once Peters got into foul trouble , our chances were slim.Peters is and has been the leader but can't win by himself.We need to start palying our best 5,NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE !!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Big time congrats to the team. Some very big wins down the stretch!! Congrats on the nonconference win over a tough Greeneville opponent. Also big to win at Unicoi. Looks like an undefeated conference season is very attainable. That's huge!! Keep playing tough.

An update on Katrina - She had surgery yesterday. She was in the OR about 4 hours. They rearranged her intestines because she had a malrotation. Did an appendectomy. Wrapped her stomach around her esophagus to control her reflux and put in a feeding tube so that we can get her home. She is in quite a bit of pain today but they are working on giving her as much medication as she can have. Things should start looking real good again in another day or two. Keep the prayers coming.