Lady Cyclones

Mrs.B

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....And a possible preview to the Regional Championship matchup?

But the bigger concern is the "mild sprain" to Rikki's ankle. Hope it's a quick-healer, and that it doesn't recur.

I just read a Unaka post about Jessica Osborne's ankle. I've reapeatedly complimented Unaka's depth, and especially at Guard; but like Rikki, Jessica is such a sparky player; one that Coach Chambers would have trouble replacing for any extended time.

Maybe Unaka and Elizabethton, like the Lady Blue Devils, can get beyond these precarious situations, and head into Conference and Tournament action HEALTHY!

I would like a box score if possible.

825498692[/snapback]

Here it is

ELIZABETHTON (43)

Crapps 6-10 0-0 15, Baughman 3-8 2-2 8, Hopson 0-3 2-2 2, Redd 3-8 0-0 7, Pietrowski 4-5 0-0 8, Treadway 0-2 0-0 0, Fritz 0-2 0-0 0, Bush 0-1 1-2 1, Jones 1-2 0-0 2, Smith 0-2 0-0 0, Norris 0-0 0-0 0. Totals 17-43 5-6 43.

JEFFERSON COUNTY (59)

Sinard 1-6 0-0 2, Lyke 6-9 0-0 16, Kyle 4-13 0-0 9, Huff 10-14 3-4 23, Rickard 3-3 3-4 9, Chappell 0-0 0-0 0, Chambers 0-0 0-0 0, Potts 0-0 0-0 0, Elliott 0-0 0-0 0, Mattison 0-0 0-0 0, Sharpe 0-0 0-0 0, Holtz 0-2 0-0 0. Totals 24-47 6-8 59.

Elizabethton 16 9 8 10 -- 43

Jefferson County 18 11 13 17 -- 59

3-pt. goals -- Elizabethton (Crapps 3-6, Redd 1-3, Fritz 0-1, Smith 0-2); Jefferson County 5-17 (Lyke 4-7, Kyle 1-6, Huff 0-1, Sinard 0-2). Rebounds -- Elizabethton 20 (Baughman 5), Jefferson County 31 (Kyle 7, Sinard 7). Turnovers -- Elizabethton 14, Jefferson County 15. Steals -- Elizabethton 8, Jefferson County 8.

It's interesting to note that Jefferson County not only didn't score a point off the bench, but only took two shots.

Our prayers are with your family :lol:

I've been unable to leave the house since Sunday; looks like I'm missing a lot of basketball, and at three places. It's good that, even in the loss, the Cyclones got a lot of players in, and apparently put up a good number of shots themselves. That was a lot of time to take off, then to have to play in such a loaded event. I still think this helps in the long run.

Also, I just heard the South Greene score on Channel Five. Just Please don't tell us there's another injury.

Still plenty of time to get things worked out and move on into conference play. Good Luck, Lady Cyclones!

Rebels beat EHS easily today 50-29. Game was never close. EHS team acted like they didnt want to be playing basketball. Point guard, #21 got her lunch ate today by South Greene. I bet she had 8 turnovers. I thought Redd was the point guard?? South Greene shot layups all night on fast breaks. No effort. No intensity. No leadership. What are the cyclone coaches thinking?

This is not the same team I watched a few weeks ago.

Rebels beat EHS easily today 50-29.  Game was never close. EHS team acted like they didnt want to be playing basketball.  Point guard, #21 got her lunch ate today by South Greene.  I bet she had 8 turnovers.  I thought Redd was the point guard??  South Greene shot layups all night on fast breaks.  No effort. No intensity.  No leadership. What are the cyclone coaches thinking? 

This is not the same team I watched a few weeks ago.

825499611[/snapback]

Current thoughts of the Cyclone coaches? Had to dig into the Hee Haw file. "Gloom,despair, and agony on me. Deep dern depression, excessive misery. If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. Gloom, despair, and agony on me."

Sounds like the Lady Cyclones need to get back in school. Yes, the school room and get off of the roads. They are in the basketball business whether they are on Christmas break or not. Enjoy Christmas, but around that is basketball during a playing break. I think they forgot that....... or something???

Current thoughts of the Cyclone coaches? Had to dig into the Hee Haw file. "Gloom,despair, and agony on me. Deep dern depression, excessive misery. If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. Gloom, despair, and agony on me."

825499870[/snapback]

Come on punk! Better to lose now to S. Greene than on down the road!

I'm NOT a literary freak, so do tell was that a Bobby Knight (after throwing the chair) quote or P.J. after Spree's hands were removed from his neck.

Here it is

ELIZABETHTON (43)

Crapps 6-10 0-0 15, Baughman 3-8 2-2 8, Hopson 0-3 2-2 2, Redd 3-8 0-0 7, Pietrowski 4-5 0-0 8, Treadway 0-2 0-0 0, Fritz 0-2 0-0 0, Bush 0-1 1-2 1, Jones 1-2 0-0 2, Smith 0-2 0-0 0, Norris 0-0 0-0 0. Totals 17-43 5-6 43.

JEFFERSON COUNTY (59)

Huff 10-14 3-4 23,

Hard to stop someone who shoots 10 of 14, even if they were all layups. Pietrowski at 4 fo 5 with no free throws need to be shooting more. Baughman with 5 rebounds was the leader - need to be more aggressive on the boards!!

Thanks for the info WriteStuff

Wow! I can't believe the South Greene score. I'm sure that was a hard game to watch! I would guess that the Cyclones figured they didn't need to show up since South Greene has had some trouble this year. Maybe they learned the lesson that you better show up every night!

Consolation games aren't much fun, but I hope the team figures out how to play hard today and right the ship.

I just checked out the Ladies Classic website to discover yet another loss. The 9-4 Cyclones will be glad to get out of Greeneville.

When is the next game, who is the opponent? Glad Hampton and Sullivan Central on the road are out of the way at this point! No matter who is on the schedule next it won't be an easy game.

OK I just looked at the schedule. The girls better not forget that Happy Valley played the spoiler to a conference championship last year! I'm sure the Warriors haven't forgotten.

Edited by Mrs.B

Loss today was by 39-36 not 49-46 as listed on scoreboard. Another very lackluster game by the Lady Cyclones. 10 points at the half last night against South Greene. No better today against a very average Sevier County. Team did come back from about nine down to tie in the last minute and had the ball with 18 seconds to go. After a timeout, Sevier pressed and we almost threw the ball away in backcourt. Ball went back to Redd and she drove the right side and missed a running shot with enough time left for Sevier to get it into frontcourt for a buzzer beating 30 foot three point bank shot. It was a fitting end to this tournament for the cyclones. Somethings broke with this team and its hard to pinpoint what it is. No team chemistry. They are not having fun and it shows.

Coachh17, watching those Hee Haw reruns don't sound too bad!

Oh well, next week is a new year........

Edited by coaches_corner

Come on punk! Better to lose now to S. Greene than on down the road!

I'm NOT a literary freak, so do tell was that a Bobby Knight (after throwing the chair) quote or P.J. after Spree's hands were removed from his neck.

825500488[/snapback]

Worst three game stretch as a Cyclone. If it could go bad, it did, right down to the 30 foot bank shot game winner by Sevier County.